Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bak two skul


Today was the long awaited day. My two oldest are back in school all day long! Maika is starting first grade and Logan is starting fifth! They were both really excited about going back to school. Logan told me the other day that she thinks she's a nerd because she likes school so much. I told her I hoped she would always be such a humongous nerd:)


Last night we packed their lunches, laid out their outfits and backpacks, and got them into bed at a decent hour. I think it went pretty smooth because they both awoke with smiles, and I didn't have to yell (I mean kindly remind them to) "hurry up!" once!


Maika is excited to get to walk to school with some friends from the neighborhood and Logan gets the fine opportunity to ride the bus this year. Logan was also picked to be a student crossing guard one week every month and this is her week, so she has to be there extra early and stay extra late. We were telling/teasing her that she could be the "Good Day Crossing Guard" because she could smile/say hi to every one she helped cross the road. That way every person would start the day off right.


I hope they both have a great day and can't wait to hear all the news when they get home. Nalani and Bronson are going through withdrawals right now, but once Nalani starts preschool I think she'll be okay. Bronson, on the other hand is stuck with boring ol' mom.

13 comments:

Paige said...

Sounds like a terrific start! Poor Jaren is having withdrawls, too. He keeps walking around the house asking for "SeeSee" (Jillisey). Maybe when I am feeling brave we can have Bronson over for a playdate. :)

Candy said...

I think they all looked so cute going to school today. I saw Logan doing her "crossing guard" stuff and she definately had a smile:)

Darilyn said...

I love the first day of school.

marcia said...

They all look adorable. I miss you all so much. I hope everyone has a great year with lots of good things coming. Love ya!

KerrieLeigh said...

They all look so cute!

Shay said...

You are a fun Mommy. I love your kids' names...so cute! So fun to see your pics!

Autumn said...

LOVE your title to this post!! Your girls look beautiful....of course! Fun for Logan to be the crossing guard! Hope they have a great year!!

Lisa said...

I hope my kids are big huge nerds too! : )

Unknown said...

They look so cute, I love the title of your post.

Jodi said...

Your kids look so cute! Sounds like they had a good first day. I wish I was Bronson and could hang out with YOU all day! Definitely NOT boring ;)
BTW..Cute post title.

Amber said...

My kids have been in school for a month already, and poor Punkin has been stuck home with me. She spends the day trying to convince me to go pick up "Melnie, Sydney". All day I hear this. Two more years baby!!!

Merilee said...

My favorite part of the first day of school is when all my kids get home and tell me about their day.

I love the crossing guard business. Not nerdy at all. Just kidding your family doesn't have a drop of nerdy blood in it. It's cool to love school!!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about withdrawls, Zach is having a hard time too, because he was SO excited for school to start but is only getting a small taste of it this week. Today he gets to meet his teacher for his some one on one time, and 2:00 can't come soon enough today :) I hope your kids have a great school year!