Monday, September 8, 2008

Now that I'm a mom

I was tagged to list 10 things about me that have changed since I've become a mommy. The list is vast, but here goes.
  1. I have a lot more patience than I used to have. Which, still isn't much.
  2. I'm good at spelling things out. I remember the first time Logan broke the code:) I was so busted! I wish Kelly and I spoke the same foreign language, now that my older kids can spell too.
  3. I've given up my security blanket and just rub the silky edge of my kids' blankets when they let me cuddle with them.
  4. My favorite tv channel is Noggin. I love the Backyardigans!
  5. I get choked up when my kids make me proud.
  6. I've learned to have simultaneous conversations with two or more people at a time while another person is on the phone.
  7. I've grown eyes in the back of my head.
  8. I'm a human lie detector.
  9. I know I can't do this on my own. I'm glad my kids have a good daddy! And, good grandparents, neighbors, teachers, etc.
  10. Even when I go shopping for ME, I always end up looking at the kids stores and they end up with the stuff at the end of the day.

9 comments:

melandriley said...

You are a really good mom, even if you give yourself guilt trips sometimes.

I love Kelly's red shoes. I wonder if they have them in a 7 1/2. It sounds like it was a really cool day.

Shay said...

I totally relate to the noggin thing. Right now Oswald and Diego are our favs! Thanks for playing...It was fun to read!

Autumn said...

Everytime I read someone elses list...I think...Oh I should have put that too! I always get choked up when my kids make me proud!! You are such a great mom! Loved reading this!

Jodi said...

This was a fun tag to read! We learn a lot becoming moms, don't we?

PS..I actually have LESS patience now that I am a mom :(

Rochelle said...

I haven't seen this yet, I liked it. You came up with some good ones!

marcia said...

You're such a good mommy, and your kids are very blessed and lucky to have you. All we can do is the best we can do, and you're the best. Kelly and Jeremy were smashing in their heels...nice calves too. Love ya.

Kayela said...

Its amazing what we learn when we become parents. You are a great mom to be able to handle 4 kids. I am freaking out about having two.

KerrieLeigh said...

Great list! I am having a hard time doing mine because you stole so many of them. :-)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That was fun to read. I am just going to copy and paste that to my blog okay?