Monday, May 19, 2008

slump

I've been in a blogging slump this past week and I'm not sure why. So I'll just write down some of the highlights from last week.

Kelly and Bronson had their first experience with the Father's/Son's camp out. They had a really good time, and the highlight for Kelly was that he got to use our boat for the first time this season. He, along with two other boats, helped to shuttle people across the river so they could set up camp. Friday and Saturday were both in the 90's, so it was perfect boating weather!

The girls and I joined the boys the next afternoon and packed a picnic to play on the beach with some friends. We all had so much fun, finally able to enjoy the sun!! Sunday, we all paid the price with some pretty mean sunburns. We learned our lesson and have since stocked up on sunscreen!

We did have a scary moment on the beach...all the kids were splashing around in the water and all the sudden Logan comes running up and screams that Nalani is in the water. Kelly and I both ran out to the water and couldn't see her anywhere! When we finally spotted her, she was floating down the river, spinning from her back to her stomach and swallowing tons of water. Thankfully Kelly's lifeguard skills came back to him and he jumped in and got her. I'm so grateful for life jackets and will insist that my kids wear them at all times!

We were all pretty shaken up by the incident and hours later Kelly and I kept commenting on how scary it was and how frightened Nalani must've been, wondering when someone would come to save her. After church on Sunday, Bronson was chasing Nalani around the kitchen and she was laughing so hard. I made the comment of how grateful I was that we could hear Nalani's cute laugh and got teary. Logan and Kelly said they were just thinking the same thing:)

Our garden is growing! We can see the corn popping up through the ground and also radishes and beets. We are so excited to have some home-grown produce this summer. Logan takes her job of watering the garden every day very seriously and does a great job!

I enjoyed getting to spend time with friends from book club, but it was also a bummer because the stinkin' Jazz lost that night and now they are out of the playoffs! Since I can't cheer for the Jazz, I'm cheering for anyone but the Lakers! I hate that Kobe Bryant!! I think it would be pretty cool to have an old school rematch of the Lakers and the Celtics, as long as the Celtics win.

Well, those are pretty much the highlights. I'll try and be better this week about posting more. I also need to remember my camera when I go places...I've been horrible about that lately!

17 comments:

mags said...

I have been in a slump too! it's those jazz losing that has done it. We are totally bummed at our house with not much to look forward to in the tv dept now.

Darilyn said...

I am so glad Nalani is okay. That is so frightening.

Autumn said...

The story at the river sounds so scary! I hate moments like that! You relive them in your mind a million times! So glad she's okay! Glad you're trying to get out of your blogging slump...been wondering about you! :)..Oh...and we did the sunburn thing this past weekend too! Not FUN! Somebody grabbed Eastons shoulder at church and he about went through the roof!

Rochelle said...

Im so sorry about Nalani but I am so glad she's okay and her pa is a fast swimmer. I can't believe how much sun you all got! Your going to be pretty and tan!
I'm really sorry about the Jazz! It was hard to watch your disappointment friday, for a moment I thought I saw tears. And last...get your booty out of the slump!

marcia said...

Oh My! I can't even think about Nalani in the river...it's freakin me out! So glad she's okay. Reminds me when we lived in Hawaii, and you about drowned. Luckily a friend saw you and jumped in and pulled you out. I still get upset just thinking about it. So glad Kelly was able to get her out. So sorry about the Jazz, but I'm with you on the Kobe thing. It would be sweeeet to see the Celtics kick the Lakers behinds!...the good 'ol days!

Shannon b said...

*my goodness, that is such a scary incident with Nalani! Thankfullly, thankfully you were all there at the right moment to help.
*I'm on a blogging slump too.

Jodi said...

I am glad everything turned out ok with Nalani. That is one scary story. I had goosebumps ALL over when you told me about it. Good thing Kelly is a Hawaiin Super Man and saved her :)

Can't wait to see how your garden grows this summer and maybe taste a sample or two ;)

Sorry about the Jazz. I will be rooting, right along with you, for anyone playing against Kobe. Can't stand that guy :(

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been a horrible experience! I would have freaked. I'm SO glad that she is okay, and that you still have her sweet laughter to echo through your home :) Kelly sure looked tan on Sunday, I could tell he had been out a lot! It sounds like the camp-out was a blast.

Michelle said...

So glad that Nalani is ok! And also excited about stuff coming up in your garden, that's just the best!

Merilee said...

What the? Is Nalani ok? Was she totally freaked out? That is such a scary story. I'm so glad it turned out with everyone safely home.


DOWN with KOBE!

Gina said...

How scary that must have been. I'm glad it all turned out okay. Kids around water always scares me.

Lisa said...

I can totally relate on the blogging slump, I've been in one for 3 months now! The only reason I'm still going is 1.for a family record, 2. because I love to read other people's blogs!

I can't even imagine what you were going through watching Nalani struggle in the water, as a mother just thinking about it makes me upset. I'm soooooo glad she's okay!

Anonymous said...

Kelly told us the Nalani story last night at dinner! That is so scary! Poor thing! Good thing Logan saw her fall off and good thing she had a life jacket! God is good! We love you guys!

Unknown said...

How scary! I am glad she is ok.

I to am sad about the Jazz. I was watching the game i keep on turning it because it was making me so mad. I had to watch by my self. Ty missed his flight in New York so he was stuck in the airport for 5 hours. I hate Kobe too, anyone breaths on him and they call a foul.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Thank GOODNESS for life jackets! I am glad she was okay! SO scary. I was thinking of you when we were watching the game.

KerrieLeigh said...

I am a total freak with my kids around water. I just can't help it, it scares me too much. So glad everything turned out okay.

Jenni said...

So you had 90 deg temps and we had 60 deg temps and rain, this past weekend. What the heck is going on? Usually memorial day weekend is blistering hot and we spend it out in the pool or lake. But we spent it this weekend in doors. Weird.
So glad to hear that Nalani is okay, how scarey!