Monday, May 12, 2008

Logan's Poetry

I am From...

I am from a big, brown house,
with a maple table that seats six,
a new electric furnace,
and five big, soft beds.

I am from a moist yard filled with green,
and lush plants and beautiful flowers,
with a hard cement patio;
and a blue jay flying around all the time.

I am from a house that loves Hawaiian Hay Stacks,
homemade chocolate chip cookies too,
and Navajo sandwiches with ketchup,
and Dairy Queen Blizzards for dessert.

I am from a house that says,
"How was your day at school?"
or, "I missed you while you were gone,"
and "Can Hayden and Taylor play?"

I am from a family of six,
Kelly, who works hard at work
Aundrea, who's always watching over her kids
Logan, who's always playing outside
Maika, who's always causing trouble 24-7
Nalani, who's wanting to get everything she sees on TV
and Bronson, who's always making a mess in my mom's bathroom.

Cinquain Poem "Sun"

Bright, yellow,
Shining, blinding, warming
As bright as smiles
Star

Color Poem: "What is Green?"

Green is the color of lush trees.
Green is the color of the bubbling swamp.
Green is the color of yucky vomit.
Green is a five dollar bill waiting to be spent.
Green smells like a mint flavored toothpaste.
Green tastes like watermelon Dubble Bubble gum.
Green sounds like palm trees swaying in the cool Hawaiian breeze.
Green looks like a ripe Granny Smith apple.
Green feels like a sick feeling.
Green makes me want to eat cool minty mints.
Green is my mom's absolute most favorite color.

Acastic Poem

Loving
Outstanding
Good Citizen
Awesome
Noble

Simile Poem "Secrets About Logan"

I am as fast as a rocket.
I am as sweet as a lollipop.
I am as colorful as a rainbow.
I am as smart as an Einstein.
I am as energetic as a tiger.
I am as strong as a wrestler.
I am as tough as a boulder.
I am as brave as a lion.

Haiku Poem

Waves, crashing, tumbling
In the beautiful sea
Beautiful waves

Alliteration Poem "Dumb Ducks"

Dumb ducks drink dish soap,
detergent or disgusting trash,
imagine their droppings,
now don't tell dad!

There's a football duck.
their mascot is Donald Duck,
but, I call them dumb ducks,
all I'm saying is dumb ducks don't rock!

Personal Poem: Logan

Logan
Sweet, energetic, athletic.
Sibling of Bronson, Maika, and Nalani.
Lover of my whole family
Who feels great about everything
Who needs nothing but my family
Who gives love to my family
Who fears death
Who would like to see everybody happy

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! That's amazing, Logan is super talented!

Paige said...

Those are fantastic!! What a creative girl you've got there. :)

Unknown said...

I love the duck one. Green is my favorite color too.

Tiffini said...

She is good!!

KerrieLeigh said...

Those are great! You may have a writer in the family.

Toshia said...

beautiful poetry! Makes me wish I could write poetry...

KerrieLeigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon b said...

WOW! She is one talented girl! I especially LOVE the first poem. So descriptive and it paints such a fun picture of your home & family life. Wonderful, wonderful writing Logan!

marcia said...

wow Logan...you are really good at writing poetry. All of these poems are so cool. I especially liked the first one. Love ya

Michelle said...

What a wonderful girl! I just love the Green one!

Jodi said...

She has a gift! Will you continue to post her poetry? I love it :)

Lisa said...

Wow is Logan seriously old enough to pen such great poetry?! Those poems were so good!!

Darilyn said...

Oh Aundrea. These made me cry. Not sure why. I think because our girls were so little together in Aloha 2nd and now they are growing up and they are so talented and beautiful. I love reading every bit of this. You can tell, just be reading her poetry that her family is the center of her world. I love that.

Jenni said...

Wow, she's talented, too! Lucky girl, she's got it all! I like the poem that talks about her life - you guys have a beautiful life!

Merilee said...

Awe-awe-some! My fave is the first one. Love it.

Autumn said...

Seriously so good! She is super talented! I think she really is as smart as Einstein!

sheila said...

her poetry is great! I'm glad you had a great Mothers Day. The nursery treat WAS yummy!

Memory said...

Wow! She's amazing! I love the part about Maika causing trouble 24/7. Ha! I'm pretty sure I couldn't write anything NEARLY as good as any of those. What a great talent.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! What a treasure :) She's a talented little writer. Glad you had a good mothers day!

Candy said...

I love poetry written by children! She did an amazing job and I really like her first one- she captured all that surrounds her:)

Tiffany Clay and London said...

Wow, that seriously is impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Love that first poem - she could get that published!

Rochelle said...

I can't believe I missed this post. I love the Duck's poem, maybe cause I know how much she thinks of the dumb ducks! LOL! Love them all!