Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All Before 9 AM

Lately, Bronson comes to find me, and he's naked from the waist down. He comes to tell me he needs to go pee and take my hand and leads me into the bathroom where I find a puddle of pee. Well, today I went with him and I set him on the toilet and he actually went pee in the toilet! I've heard horror stories about potty-training little boys, but I think mine is actually potty-training himself! I know, I know, it's too soon to tell, but a girl can hope can't she?

The other major event that happened this morning, besides mountains of laundry, was that Bronson (again!) pushed the panic button on my key chain to our alarm system. Usually when this happens the company calls over the system and asks for our password and checks to make sure everything is okay. Today they didn't call, so I thought, "Oh, good! It didn't go through and I won't have to be embarrassed to admit that my toddler, once again, found my keys and pushed the button!"

So, I happily go about catching up on my blogs and email. I can hear my kids screaming in the kitchen over who took the banana from whom, when I hear a knock at the door. I look out the window to find a man at the door and upon further inspection, see in fact, two men at my door. Two men dressed in uniforms. Two POLICEMEN! "Oh crap," I think to myself.

Upon opening the door, they ask if everything is okay and I say yes and explain the whole panic button incident to them. They said the alarm company couldn't get through to us and so they called them. They also explained that they had been listening outside for awhile. Then I clued in that they didn't knock until they heard my kids fighting and screaming (over a banana, remember) and probably thought we were under attack! How embarrassing! I guess I can just be thankful to know that if, in fact, I did need help the whole system would work. Now I need to go and find a better hiding place for my keys.

P.S. I just went upstairs to switch laundry around and found a big pile of poop from Bronson. He tried to cover it up with dirty laundry...grrrr! At least he does this on tiled floors.

11 comments:

Paige said...

First of all, how GREAT would that be to have NO kids in diapers -- all before Bronson is even two?? And I'm sorry about the panic button thing. Jaren knows how to set of the alarm on my car. It's his favorite. And I am LOL that they chose that very minute to fight over a banana!!

Rochelle said...

I was just on the phone with you and I can't believe he went pee again. He won't be two until July, crazy exciting!

I love that you had to tell the cops the drama was over a banana!

Darilyn said...

Such drama. I love it. It's the things we love to read about.

Tiffini said...

That is pretty impressive for a boy. Especially that he thought to cover up his mess with dirty clothes. At least they were dirty right?

Unknown said...

It is nice to see that other people have the cops show up at their house. Someday I will tell that storie on my blog.

Nicole said...

Oh man! At least the clothes were already needing to be washed! What a day.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness you deserve a break! Between cleaning up potty and dealing with the cops you must be exhausted!

Shannon b said...

Oh potty-training - that is definitely looming on my mind because I know that this is the summer. The Disney Princess panties have been purchased, now I'm just working up the courage & energy to go for it. And the mental stability to deal with "found" piles of poop.
good luck to you!

Autumn said...

No fair if Bronson potty trains himself before he's even 2!!! Lucky girl! Love the banana story! So funny...I can totally see this happening to me only I would probably be screaming at my kids about fighting over the banana when they came to the door!

Paige said...

Wow -- I just saw your update. I guess it's time to either potty train him in earnest or duct tape his diapers to him! Good luck!

Jodi said...

I'm laughing out loud again as I reread your post. Panic button, screaming children...hehehe, police officers at your door and a big pile of poop...hehehe!!!
You will certainly have some fun stories to share someday when your kids are older :)