Saturday, May 10, 2008

Logan's "Golden" Birthday!

Logan through the years: I can't believe a whole decade has gone by since Logan turned Kelly and me into Mommy and Daddy! It was Mother's Day ten years ago. I woke up feeling not too good, so I decided to stay home from church and send Kelly alone. Later in the day Kelly took me to the Outback for Mother's Day dinner, I still wasn't feeling the best but couldn't pass-up a good dinner. When we finished dinner we decided to get some last-minute baby shopping done at Target. I was so clueless as to what was going on...I had just been to the doctor on Thursday and he told me not to expect anything soon, especially because by due date wasn't until the 25th, it was my first baby, yadayadayada. It started getting hard to walk down the aisles in Target because of the pain, so we decided to head home and pack a bag then go to the hospital to see what was going on. We called our parents on the way out the door to tell them to be prepared just in case.

We got to the hospital and the nurse told me I looked "too calm" to be in labor but they would check me anyway. Well, I was in labor and the rest is history. Logan was born at 11:58 pm weighing in at a tiny 6 lbs. 2 oz. She made her entry just in time to be my first Mother's Day present on my first Mother's Day! Kelly and I were so excited to meet our bright-eyed, bald headed, HUGE footed (is that a word?), beautiful baby girl!

We hope Logan has a great day! Some of our favorite things about Logan are she's: hardworking, tender-hearted, beautiful, sassy, smart, a good example, a bit of a tomboy, a bit of a diva, proud of her heritage, helpful, and so much more...all rolled up into one awesome 10-year old girl!

We love you Logan! Happy Birthday!

Logan with Tutu

Logan's blanket then and now

19 comments:

Toshia said...

Happy birthday Logan! I love the blanket-I have one hanging around but I don't think it is so well loved!

Tiffini said...

Happy birthday Logan! Those are some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Logan - Happy birthday! Aunty and Uncle and Etano and Alema love you! We are so glad you are a Kalauli! You are a good, beautiful, smart girl! We are proud to be your family! We are proud of you! Aunty used to change your poopy diapers...so weird! Pretty soon, you can change mine!!

Shannon b said...

Happy Birthday! She is such a beautiful girl!
I just have to ask . . . does she still sleep with that blanket? I'm thinking it's nearing "strangulation-hazard" status.

Amber said...

Logan is so beautiful! Syd has a blanket that looks almost that bad. It's my next sewing project. Happy Birthday!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Logan!! Hope the next 10 years are as great as the first!

Candy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great time swimming and all you did for your birthday! I love all the pictures - you were a cute baby, but now you are just plain beautiful!!!

KerrieLeigh said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! The pictures of her are so cute.

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Lilo! I can't believe your ten, I can still remember you in a stroller at the Seattle aquarium! I hope you've had a good day and a great week! Love ya!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Logan! What a beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Logan! What a great Mother's Day present

Autumn said...

Having a baby on Mother's Day would be the ultimate gift! What a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday Logan! I LOVE the blankey!! It looks well loved!

Jodi said...

Logan is just an all around beautiful girl! She has such a sweet spirit about her. Love all the pictures of her different stages in life...especially the one with the flower in her hair!

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Logan :) Hope your day was fabulous!

sheila said...

Happy Birthday Logan! It doesn't surprise me that you stayed calm during labor. And way to go Logan for making her entrance still on Mothers Day!

melandriley said...

Logan we love you and hope that you had a good birthday. I was there when you were born...that was one of the best experiences of my life. Happy birthday.

marcia said...

Hi Logan, You are my #1 grandchild. How exciting it was when you were born. I left Blanding at 8pm and arrived in time, for your birth. Fastest drive ever! Crazy Grandma! We love you so much and are so proud of you!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a beautiful girl. I think that is extra special that she was born on mothers day. It doesn't get much better than that. I am dying at how threadbare that blanket is. Seriously! Hope you had a Happy mother's day, and I think all of us who got a flower from our nursery were especially lucky.

Jenni said...

Logan is so beautiful. She seems like one wonderful girl. Happy Birthday Logan dear!

Marci said...

Happy birthday Logan! We have two blankets that look just like that. I love it when kids love their blankets to pieces:)!