Tuesday, May 27, 2008

camping trip

We had a great time this weekend on a three day camping trip. The only thing that could have made it better? Lots more sunshine! Some of my favorite moments were:
  • When a bird pooped on Logan's foot.
  • When Kelly was chopping fire wood, Maika exclaimed, "Wow Dad, you have one humongous axe!"
  • Nalani still wasn't feeling the best and one night as I laid her down in her bed she said, "Mom, there are shoes in my ears and they're marching!" I can only assume she had a little earache, poor thing! She was such a trooper.
  • Bronson following the "big" kids around like he was one of them. He has the bumps, bruises, and scratches to prove it!
  • Spending time with great friends!
  • Listening to Kelly and Jer talk "Navajo" over the walkie-talkies.
  • Eating delicious food!
  • Sitting around and visiting.

The campfire/s'mores chronicles:

Fun on the boat: The camping life:
Oh yeah! Thanks, Rochelle, for being the OCP (Official Camp Photographer)!

12 comments:

Paige said...

I love all of the pictures. It looks like everyone had a great time. I especially like the picture of Nalani picking her nose!! LOL She's really embraced that whole "back to nature" thing. :)

Unknown said...

It looks so fun! Ty talks Navajo all the time. Oh and of course we use our lips to point with. Maybe you can ask them how much their 50 cen pepsee are.

KerrieLeigh said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Rochelle said...

Oh I am laughing at Jenny's comment! The guys need to start a blog a Navo accent only blog, send invites to all the Blanding boys! THe best part is Nalani was smiling all cute and then right as it clicked as fast as she could she shoved her finger in her nose and then when the picture took she put her hand down, she is going to have the best sense of humor!

Jenni said...

How fun! Was this around where you guys live? I think I would like camping if we were near someplace beautiful.

Kayela said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.

Autumn said...

That looks like such a great time! I am so jealous cause it was freezing at our house all weekend! I seriously think we'll have to join you guys next year!

Nicole said...

Oh man I totally forgot about the whole "Axe" comments. That was hilarious. Nalani really was awesome for not feeling all that well. Good times ... Good times.

Merilee said...

Are you just trying to make the rest of us jealous? Except for the sunless part, that looks so fun! Shoes in her ears, so cute. I think I have to go make microwave s'mores now.

Jodi said...

We had such a great time (minus the lack of sleep)! What a great tradition...can't wait to see us all pulling in to a campground 10 years down the road...kids half grown and more good times ahead! Love you :)

Autumn said...

Love the new layout!!!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That is a good looking group. Glad you had a good time.