Last weekend I got to go to the coast with some friends for a "book club" getaway. Mind, that we use the phrase "book club" very loosely, but we did actually get a conversation about "The Catcher in the Rye" in:) We mostly use it as an excuse for a girls night out.
We started out at "Road House 101" it was a fun restaurant that you got to throw peanut shells on the floor, some of us had a little problem with that. After dinner we went back to "Chuck's Cove," (the name of the great house we stayed at). We all got into our comfy clothes, gathered the junk food around, and let the conversation begin. That was about 9pm. We didn't go to bed until 5:30 am, and that was only some of us. For breakfast, Merilee made her famous breakfast burritos, they were very yummy! After getting ready and going for walks on the beach we tried to go see "the family that never leaves" (Actually, a pod of whales that is always in the area, but at 3:30am we were killing ourselves laughing at the thought of an obsessive family waiting by the side of the road to catch a glimpse of the whales) you may have had to have been there:) We got some shopping done at "Mossy Creek Pottery" and at the little Christmas store, then went to Moe's for lunch and decided to head home since there were snow reports from our husbands all day long. We didn't want to miss all the snowy fun! Or be stranded on the side of the road with only a box on Milk Duds and a Diet Dr. Pepper for nourishment.
I count myself very lucky to be surrounded by good women in my life. I learn something from every one of them! I'm grateful that I got the chance to spend a weekend with just of few of them (we missed you Jodi) and hope it becomes a tradition. We saved a bundle on our therapy bills by being able to stay up and talk all night long:)
PS. I'll have to post pictures later because Blogger is being stupid right now! It still won't let me spellcheck and now I can't add pictures either. Lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am openly jealous of all of your many adventures! Sounds like a great time!
I do love the Whale family story! I still giggle thinking of that poor family standing out there at Depot Bay just waiting and waiting and never leaving just so they can see a whale. It is a little obsessive isn't it? ;)
I am still recovering from the all 5:30 am bedtime.
Fun times! Thanks ladies!
I am so jealous! This sounds like the best time! I love sleepovers! What is up with blogger!? I can't spell check either! Can't wait to see the pics!
How fun for you! I love reading, too! And to be able to go to the coast...is that far from where you live? I can't wait to see some pictures...
Wow, how do I join this "book" group?!
I love beach trips, and they are even better with good friends :)
So sad...so very, very sad that I missed out! Glad you all had such a fun weekend. I WON'T be missing it next year...I already have it penciled in ;)
You seem to enjoy reading a lot. What is your favorite book? I need a new book to read.
sounds like SUCH a great time! And 5:30am - holy moly! I think the last time I pulled one of those was in college. I'm glad you had such fun with your girlfriends!
I laughed at the Milk Duds and Diet Dr. Pepper for nourishment. How true would that be? Very True. We even stopped for icecream at Baskin Robbins on the way home. We had to squeeze one more sugary treat in there. I wasn't even hungry or wanting it but I ate it! Fun fun fun.
Sounds like a lot of fun...oh and your 100 things list was great! I really enjoyed reading it.
Looks like tons of fun, I'm with Lisa how do I join?!
Sounds like a really fun weekend!
Looks like a fun group of gals. A girls night out is always fun!
Post a Comment