Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wicked

I have very little knowledge about this book/play. I've heard a few songs from the soundtrack. I had tickets to see the play on the 13th, but glad I got rid of them since I get to go see my sister and her new baby that day:) All this being said, I had the weirdest dream last night, you know the ones, when you are so happy to be awake and realize it was all just a dream?

I dreamt I was the star in the play (I was in high school, but married with children, dreams never make sense)! I had secret, very secret, desires to try out for plays in high school, although I was way too chicken to ever go through with it. Anyway, I was the star of the play, it was opening night, and I didn't know any of my lines, or songs, and my green make-up wouldn't stay on. I had such real anxiety, I didn't know how to deal with it. When I woke up, I made sure to stay awake for a few minutes just to make sure I didn't fall right back to sleep and pick up the dream where it left off:) So glad to be awake and NOT the star of "Wicked"!
P.S. are there any Freudian Dream Analysis experts out there? What does this dream mean? :-)

13 comments:

Nicole said...

That will be neat for you to go see your sister's new baby!! I too had a very weird dream last night, not about wicked, it was much different. I wonder if it too means anything.

Morkthefied said...

I am not a huge analyzer, but the dreams where I forget to prepare for something (tests, classes, plays) always cause me to wake up sweating and make me ponder. This from the online dream interpretator:

"These dreams usually have to do with your self-esteem and confidence or your lack of. You are worried that you are not making the grade and measuring up to other people's expectations of you. You may also experience the fear of not being accepted, not being prepared, or not being good enough. You feel nervous, insecure and tend to believe the worst about yourself.

These dreams also suggest that you may feel unprepared for a challenge. Rarely, are these dreams about the content of the test, but rather the process and how you are feeling during the exam taking process. Generally, you feel distressed and frustrated. These feelings may parallel how you are feeling in a particular challenge or situation in your waking like.

Dreams of this nature are also an indication that you are being judged and this dream is a signal for you to examine an aspect of yourself that you may have been neglecting and need to pay attention to. You may harbor some guilt because of your neglect in preparation for a school exam, meeting, business project, or some challenge. This dream goes back to their fear and own anxiety that they may not meet other's standards of them. They are afraid to let others down."

Kayela said...

Have fun with Melanie and the new baby.

Lisa said...

Ha! I love that you secretly wanted to try out for plays in high school!

So I always have a dream where I can't remember my locker combination or any of my classes, or my homework...frustrating! People always tell me that when this happens it means that there is something in my life that I feel unprepared for.

My question is, why are we always in high school in these dreams? Can it really have done that much damage to us? : )

KerrieLeigh said...

I have the same dream as Lisa. It's always the stupid locker combination and I always wake up so mad that I can't open it. I wouldn't make too much of it. Maybe you are feeling subconsciously that you are forgetting something and Wicked was already on your mind. Interesting...

Candy said...

Autumn tells me when you are having a bad dream you just need to blink your eyes twice and you will wake up and it will all be gone - true story! Too bad you'll miss the real play - but I would really love to see you in the lead roll I bet you would be awesome and you proabaly have the most awesome voice and are hiding it from all of us:)

Rochelle said...

I think it's funny that you tried to stay awake for awhile so your dream wouldn't pick back up. It must have really scarred you!

Shay said...

That is so funny! I liked the part where your green makeup would't stay on...Congrats to your sister, and her new baby!

Anonymous said...

What a crazy dream! I've had many of those myself, where I am SO glad to wake up and realize I *didn't* show up to sacrament meeting in my pj's! And have to give a talk :)
And that's awesome that you will get to go see your sister soon!

Tiffiny said...

I started to read this book and then stopped because of the subject matter. I guess the play must not delve quite so deeply into things as the book does :) I've heard its a really good play! My sister just had a baby too, and I think Paige's sister is having one also. Crazy how that works!

Jodi said...

Man, I hate dreams like that. I have a dream where I walk into my high school in my pajamas, hair a mess, make-up smeared on my face...lovely! I have no idea why but I have this dream at least a few times a year. Weird.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I think you are sad that you are missing wicked! :0). However a weekend away with your sister sounds great. Have so much fun holding that new baby.

Autumn said...

Ha ha! Funny. Love that you secretly wanted to try out for plays in H.S.
P.S. Camry would absolutley die for Wicked tickets. The girls at her school are OBSESSED!!