Cocoa Rice for four Cocoa-eyed kids.My kids are sick of chores and so am I. We are trying to get the house looking presentable for Grandma tomorrow. We can't wait! The kids have all kinds of plans for when she's here. Go to Build-a-Bear, OMSI, Zoo, help make cinnamon rolls, beach, hiking. The list could go on and on. Maybe we'll get to a few things on the list, but I think they are just looking forward to spending time with her most of all.
The chores are done and the house is clean, so now I'm making Cocoa Rice for lunch. The kids requested it. We usually make it for breakfast. It's kind of like a hot, chocolate rice pudding eaten with buttered saltine crackers or buttered french bread (healthy, I know). We got the recipe from Auntie Jo and Uncle Jasen and every time we're at their house my kids expect it.
The chores are done and the house is clean, so now I'm making Cocoa Rice for lunch. The kids requested it. We usually make it for breakfast. It's kind of like a hot, chocolate rice pudding eaten with buttered saltine crackers or buttered french bread (healthy, I know). We got the recipe from Auntie Jo and Uncle Jasen and every time we're at their house my kids expect it.
Cocoa Rice
10 cups water
1 1/2 cups rice
Bring to a boil and cook until thickened (about 20 minutes)
In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups sugar with 3 heaping Tbls. of cocoa, set aside.
After rice mixture thickens add cocoa mixture and stir together. Add 1 can coconut milk and 1 tsp. vanilla. Eat with buttered saltine crackers or french bread. Try the leftovers cold, a yummy chocolate treat!
I guess if cocoa rice is the only reward they want for all their hard work I can oblige. If only that was all they wanted...
9 comments:
I'm going to have to give that a go. Sounds tasty.
Mmmm... that sounds yummy!
You had me until the saltine crackers or buttered bread. I will have to try this.
I have never heard of this before! Thanks for posting the recipe, I may give it a try. Hope you survived Spring Break alright! Being home bound has made me wish for it to pass as quickly as possible. Poor Zach has been cooped up now for over 2 weeks now! But daycare makes it harder for me to get out and do much.
That sounds good. We used to always put milk, cinnamon, and sugar in our rice. I'll have to try this. Chocolate makes anything taste good!!
Yummy! I haven't ever heard of such a thing...I'll have to try it! Hope you all have fun with Grandma!
I think that is what we will have for breakfast tomorrow...thanks for the idea! Its the best! And always have leftovers!
Aundrea, of course I remember who you are! Um, hello? Danellephant never forgets! Your family is adorable and I am for sure going to try out that cocoa rice...I have some coconut milk and I never know what to do with it, other than pina coladas (virgin, of course). thanks for commenting on my blog, it's so much fun to be able to see what people are up to.
That sounds yummy...I'm going to try it!
Post a Comment