I'm finally getting around to posting about Spring Break. We had a wonderful time! Kelly's mom came to visit, along with Uncle Kalae and his girlfriend, Dani and her little boy, Tristan.
Kelly treated us to ribs and tri-tip on the grill. Grandma treated us to homemade cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, and soup. I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in bread that week!
We headed out to the coast on Thursday. We had to stop at the cheese factory for ice cream and we ate clam chowder at Moe's (why is it that our trips revolve around food??). We enjoyed showing the sights off. They didn't know that those "cool rocks" were in the movie, "Goonies". I sooo wish that the beach was warm here, but the kids didn't care one bit. Bronson was up to his armpits in the waves and having a ball...I stuck my foot in the water and it cramped up! It was all fun and games until it was time to go and they realized they were freezing. Luckily we're always prepared and brought extra clothes for everyone.
Friday, we drove to Mt. St. Helens and enjoyed the visitor's center and a little hike. It was a pretty cloudy day and couldn't actually see the mountain. We decided to drive further up and stopped when there were twelve-foot high walls of snow on either side of the road. I kind of felt like I was in "The Shining", luckily Jack wasn't after us...Saturday, we had some of Kelly's old family friends that grew up on the rez with him come over for another BBQ. Some of them hadn't seen Kelly's mom in almost thirty years, so it was a sweet little reunion. Grandma also helped Maika memorize the fourth Article of Faith for Primary on Sunday. She did an awesome job, and Grandma was so patient!

Sunday came too soon and the tears started almost as soon and the kids woke up. I think that's the hardest thing about living far away from family; as soon as you get used to them being there, it's time to leave! Bronson fell in love with Grandma, and had her walking him all over the neighborhood. The girls loved hearing funny stories about their dad and aunties and uncles when they were little. They were laughing so hard, tears were running down their faces.
The trip went too quickly. Now we are ready for summer and more visits with everyone we love!
6 comments:
You sure know how to pack a whole lot of stuff into one week! Looks like everyone had a good time!
sounds like a great visit! And you managed to fit in plenty of local sights in a short time. Yikes - the walls of snow on either side of the road - eery!
Great picture on the beach - the 1st one - I love shots like that. Sounds like a fun spring break. We didn't do much - we're making our own break in a couple of weeks!
The beach looks beautiful...I love the beach! Your kids are so cute, I love the last pic of all of them.
I LOVE the cheese factory! Their icecream is the best!!
So fun! We love it when Grandma comes to visit but it is so sad when they have to go home!
P.S. I had no idea the Goonies rocks were in Oregon! Learn something new everyday! :)
Post a Comment