Starring: Logan as The Wicked Witch of the West, Brody as Toto, Nalani as Dorothy, Maika as The Scarecrow, and Bronson as The Tin Man! I guess Kelly and I were the Cowardly Lion, since we're too scared to have more kids to fill up all the roles.We had a great Halloween this year! Bronson was the hit of the night! One of my favorite comments came from a house-full of big-burly-logger-looking-dudes (not in costume, most likely just home from work!). The guy who answered the door said, "oh! Look at the cute Dorothy! Oh, awesome! Look at the Tin Man! Hey, guys come look at this Tin Man!" At this point two other loggers come to the door and one says, "Awww! That is just adorable! Did you make that (looking at me)?" Um, no. But, did the word "adorable" just come out of a loggers mouth? Too funny! Honestly, people would stop and yell across the road at how awesome his costume was. Although, he wasn't too thrilled by the process of becoming the Tin Man...

My other favorite quote from the night came from Thatcher. We were at our first door of the night, and the people were handing out boxes of Hot Tamales (one of my personal favorites). After Thatcher received his, he ran up to his mom yelling, "Hey mom! They got Hot Molly's over there! I like Hot Molly's!" That just struck me so funny! Hopefully he'll find some Hot Molly in the future:)
Nalani and Bronson were a bit freaked out by the scary costumes some people donned. Nalani loved handing candy out to our "customers". Every time the doorbell rang she'd yell, "Dad, there's another customer!" When she opened the door and someone was dressed scary she'd run away and hide until they were gone. If they were friendly looking, she'd gladly hand them a piece of candy.

I didn't get too many pictures of Maika as the Scarecrow because she kept having "wardrobe malfunctions". That darn straw kept scratching her head and wouldn't stay in place. She looked so cute though! It was a last minute idea that we pulled together out of the dress-up drawer. Logan loved being the Wicked Witch. I finally let her spray paint her hair and we got to do an ugly make-over.
And here's the Table O' Cavities, and Rochelle sampling some of Maika's loot.


24 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! So dang cute. All of them. And I love the Cowardly Lion comment. TOO TRUE.
I love it! I've always wanted to do a Wizard of Oz theme. I guess another costume option for you & Kelly would've been flying monkeys or Glinda the good witch or . . . munchkins! But, something tells me people wouldn't quite get that one. ;)
Those are some darn cute kids. They all look so good. I can't do Halloween make-up to save my life....hand me downs please.
Their costumes were so great!! I hate it that my kids won't let me do theme's anymore!! The tin man was awesome and I loved the Logger story! Glad you guys had so much fun!
So cute. I love the whole family theme idea.
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! I love it all. I don't think I would have recognized Logan if it wasn't a group photo. The make up job is awesome.
what a cool idea! They look great and it sounds like a very fun night!
Very cute! I like the idea of the theme for the family. It sounds like Ha Lane was the only place in the neighborhood that wasn't hoppin' last night!
I love the little family theme...They looked so cute! How fun you all melted the heart of a logger!
I love the costumes! They all look so cute. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween!
That is too cute! You did such a great job with all the makeup. Rowan felt the same way about makeup as Bronson. He was really excited about it until it was on his face, then the tears started flowing.
So cute!!!! My kids won't let me do that.
What an enjoyable post! Halloween is my favorite holiday, but it was much more fun when the kids were little. My "baby" did dress up this year for a party. She went as Jane Fonda from the workout videos. What must it be like to have to wear a belt with a leotard? Scary.
They all looked adorable! What a fun idea. Why you and Kelly weren't dressed up is beyond me :)
We need to come trick or treating in your hood next year:).
They look so cute! You did an awesome job with the costumes!
They looked so stinkin' cute!!! I got a good picture of my boys stopping at your car at trunk-or-treat :) And if it makes you feel any better, we didn't dress up either. I'm too cheap, and lazy. I keep saying "maybe next year." I really do need to perk up a little bit in that area of "play". So, maybe next year ;)
that's hilarious! Logan kept calling our trick or treaters "customers" too. He'd say "Weeee've got customers" which is a line from a spongebob show that's he's watched one too many times. I also read on someone else's blog, I think it was Kulani's, that their kid was calling them customers. Kids are so funny, I would never think of that.
SO. STINKIN. CUTE!!! They looked absolutely amazing :) Glad you had a fun night.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE those costumes. I'll bet you were all a huge hit!
Those costumes are AWESOME! I especially love Bronson's tin man!
The cutest Wizard of Oz characters EVER! You and Mel are pretty creative with your kid's costumes. Holidays are a lot more fun with kids around...enjoy. Love you
I too am Cowardly Lion. In fact, I became that one role before you, so in fact you are brave.
So cute! How fun to have a theme and having Brody help was great!
Post a Comment