Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

The kids loved carving their pumpkins on Monday night! Kelly found some really cute stencils while the kids were gutting their pumpkins. Nalani loved to put her hands in the goo and pick out all the seeds.


Logan: Frankenstein
Maika: Scary Face
Nalani: Dorothy and Toto
Bronson: polka dots (I was tired of carving so I got the electric drill out and made polka dots all over. I got the idea from Martha. Super fast, easy, and cute. Just right for my lazy bones!)
Afterwards, roast up all the yummy pumpkin seeds! There has been a debate going on around here, so I ask this question: Do you crack the pumpkin seed like a sunflower seed and eat the inside, or do you eat the whole thing? Kelly and I eat them like sunflower seeds and almost every other person we've asked eats the whole thing...

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pumpkins! We've always eaten the whole seed.

melandriley said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy...love the pumpkins. As for me I eat the whole seed when I have roasted them myself, but I buy pumpkin seeds that are shelled then roast them and add salt.

marcia said...

I loved all of your new postings. Logan is a lot like her momma. That's so cool that Spencer took the girls hunting. He's a good guy. Hope Bronson is feeling better. I miss you guys1

Shay said...

The polka dots pumpkin was my favorite! You guys made some cute pumpkins...Great job!

Autumn said...

What a smart idea with the whole drill and polka dot thingy!! It's way cute too! As for the pumpkin seeds...I would not have a clue since I have never eaten one of those!!

Rochelle said...

I love the polka dot! luv luv luv Polka dot!

Merilee said...

whole thing. For sure.
Cute pumpkins!

Morkthefied said...

Whole seed. We carved pumpkins too, and it was amazing how something so simple made the kids so happy. I think that's why the tradition lives on.

Anonymous said...

Love them! I especially like the idea of taking a drill to one -- fun!

Lisa said...

Just the seed for me!

Tiffiny said...

I like the polka dot idea. I've always cracked the seed open and eaten the inside only!

KerrieLeigh said...

Great pumpkins! I love the polka dot one!

Marci said...

The only pumpkin we carved this year was the polka dot pumpkin. Pumpkin carving is not my favorite part of halloween, too much work for mom! Your's are very cute! Good job.

Amber said...

Cute punkins! How bad is it that we didn't even bother? My poor, poor children! We meant to and then before we knew it Halloween was here! Maybe next year... love the polka dots!