
This past weekend the girls finally got to do something they've been begging to do for months. Duck hunting. Our friend Spencer is an avid hunter and has been talking to the girls about it forever. Every time they saw him the first question out of their mouths was "when can we go duck hunting?"

Saturday was the day. They got up early, around 5:45 am, without any complaint and got warm clothes on, ate breakfast, and waited to be picked up. I tried to tell them they had to be quiet when they hunted, but knew deep down, it would be a struggle for Maika:) They had a great time with Spencer and his boys. Logan is a self-proclaimed Tom Boy. She was carrying the dead duck around by the neck and waving it in our faces. Nalani was not thrilled. Even Kelly and I thought it was gross, but Logan loved it!

I figured it would make my dad proud to know that my kids are hunters like him. I remember loving to go out with my dad. The best part about it was stopping at Gopher's to get soda and candy before the big hunts. I like that my kids get to experience a few of the same things I did as a kid, even if it grosses me out now:)
7 comments:
I'm so with you Aundrea. I love for my city kids to experience those things too. They were such great memories for me as a kids...now I'm totally sicked out!!
That is really nice of Spencer! He is good with the kids! I'm glad the girls had fun, it's going to make great memories!
That is hilarious. Maybe Logan can go shoot your Thanksgiving turkey too. I know where some are.
oh my goodness, I can't believe she's holding that dead duck with her bare hands! Self-proclaimed Tom Boy for sure!
My Husband would be sooo jealous! If he saw this post he would probably cry...He has not been duck hunting since me moved to AZ. Your kids look so cute all geared up in their hunting attire.
Correction: Since WE moved to AZ...oops!
Are you kidding me??? Is that Logan holding a dead duck? Awesome! I have to go back and read the post now. I was caught off guard with the dead duck photo.
Post a Comment