Friday, November 7, 2008

Sport's Fans

Last week was an all you can eat Sport's Buffet at our house. We watched a Jazz game (they won the Blazers!), Bronson and I even sported our Jazz gear. We watched a Blazer's game (they won the Rockets), I'm actually starting to not hate the Blazers, but will still always cheer for the Jazz over them. We watched the University of Utah win TCU, and even spotted our brother-in-law, Jasen, coaching away on the sidelines.

On Saturday we watched the much anticipated game of the week...Maika's first basketball game! Oh, the comedy of watching a bunch of first and second grade girls playing basketball for the first time. It was so much fun to watch. This week we will be working on the concepts of offense and defense:) Maika is a good dribbler, but we had to tell her that it is okay to use more than one hand when you are trying to take the ball away from the other team.
Maika is looking forward to another practice tonight and two more games on Saturday. We will be there cheering her on! Remind me not to sit on the top bleachers with Bronson. Last week he took his shoes off and hit an old lady in the head as he threw them over the edge. That boy and his temper...

15 comments:

Darilyn said...

How fun for Maika. That sounds like a very fun weekend.

Tiffini said...

Sounds like Saturday was definitely the highlight!

Shay said...

I bet it was so fun to watch your daughter run around and have fun! Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Autumn said...

...not exactly my kind of weekend...but I'm sure you had fun! Go Jazz! :) Maika looks so cute out there on the basketball court! And, don't you just love it when your kids throw things at other people!! Funny!

melandriley said...

Sounds a lot like our weekend minus Maika's basketball game. We saw Jasen on the sidelines also. It's always fun to watch your kids experience something new. Sounds like Bronson and Hannah are in the same place right now...the terrible two's.

Michelle said...

Yeah Maika! I love 1-2grade basketball. And I'm totally laughing at Bronson's shenanigans, I've been there too many times over the years.

KerrieLeigh said...

I love watching little kids play sports. It is always so funny. Good thing you like it, because it sounds like you have a long life ahead of it!

Kayela said...

I love watching kids play sports especially when they are first learn. It is so funny. Hopefully the Jazz will have a good year this year

Anonymous said...

Dang Maika taking after your Aunties! You go girl! We are cheering for you!

Andrea said...

Hey Aundera! I found your blog while I was doing some blog hopping. Your kids are so beautiful. It looks like things are always exciting at your house. It is nice to see an update of your family. Tell everyone hello.

Jodi said...

Maika looks so cute out there in her shorts and braided hair! I bet she has got some spunk out on the court! GO GIRL!

marcia said...

Oh my Maika...you are so cute out there in your cool basketball gear. I can't wait to see you play. You are taking after your mom and aunties. Ask your mom about her basketball days playing against gumbie...gumbie wore panty hose under her shorts. Promise not to ever do that k? Love you. Grandma Marcia

Amber said...

How fun! Basketball sign-ups are starting here and we were thinking about signing Mel up since we had so much fun watching the wee people chase a soccer ball! Waay cool entertainment!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I bet she's so cute out there! I want to come giggle with you guys sometime :) I'll just make sure not to sit in front of Bronson!

Nicole said...

Maika looks super cute!