
Well, if you pictured me with my eyes stuck to the top of my sockets and using my favorite phrase of frustration, err, I guess pretty much anything, "Oh, my Hell!" Or maybe you think I cursed my husband for leaving the raspberry jam out on the counter? If you thought either of those things...You're wrong! (I'll admit to thinking it, but not saying it, I'm mastering self control;))
After assuring myself that he was finger painting with raspberry jam and NOT blood, I ran for the camera. Some day I'll be able to use my collection of "messy" pictures to comfort Bronson's wife as she wonders where their kids got their spunk. And, to remind her to cherish how cute they are, even when they're getting into trouble...
20 comments:
WOW, I'm not sure what to say! WOW!
Oh Aundrea...you are learning how joys of motherhood come in moments. That's my new quote for young mothers...it's really Elder Ballard's from April conference, but oh, how true it is. I was drivinig in the car and heard a song about how the moments in life pass so quickly. It's so true. I'm proud of you that you looked at messy Bronson, and found some humor and had tender thoughts. I love you.
Holy crap I would have died and I know the camera would have been the last thing on my mind. You must have lots of patience. I like your moms comment. I will have to try to learn to be like that.
Way to Be for living in the moment!
I love what your mom said also, wise advice for all of us! You have learned wisdom in your "youth" that I wish I had. It is far easier to clean up messy faces than spend the rest of the afternoon feeling guilty for getting angry - thank you for teaching this mom a great lesson!
Hey the kid likes raspberry jam...that's okay.
LOL -- what a face. And what a mess. He's a cute one, that's for sure!
Oh my! I feel like Ben could star in these exact same pictures so I do know how you feel. What a cutie though!
hehehe...that is a BIG mess!!! I would have freaked out! You are a good example to me to just laugh at the crazy moments instead of cry or go balistic! Love you and that little messy monkey :)
a blogging phenomenon:
looking at disaster with a new eye, i.e. "this'll make a great post!"
Wow! that's quite a mess. I don't know that I would have handled that very well. Glad you thought to take pictures so you can remember the moment.
Ohhhhhh nooooooo!!!!
I can't imagine happening upon a scene like that!
Oh man! Great self control on your part. I think I would have had a few choice words to say.
Whoa! Boys are definitely different to raise than girls. That's all I'm saying.
He's so cute. It is so funny when they do things like that. Sometimes you just have to go with it, and then throw them in the tub! BTW, that is a really big container of jam!
Holy Cow!!! For me...this is where the blog comes in handy! It has helped me experience good self control by thinking "this would be a good story to document"....So funny!! LOVE little boys!!!!
Oh My, I can only imagine how horrified I would have been! But like you said, also relieved to learn it wasn't blood! So awesome that you are getting such fun pictures of this phase :)
Ha, Ha...this looks like a horror scene straight out of Steven King's movie, Carrie :) I would die if I came into a room and saw that.
I found a similar scene in my kitchen once, but it was chocolate syrup instead. And I did use "that phrase." :0)
I feel for you! Syd and Punkin were my seriously messy ones, and I have had to learn to roll with it too! It's cope or head to an asylum, and I'm betting they have crappy food there so...
Post a Comment