Friday, October 3, 2008

About to freakin' lose it!

I've about lost my mind these last few days and tonight was the straw that broke the camel's and my back! After a nice dinner out with friends this is what Kelly and I came home to...
Bronson has been complaining about how he thought his hair felt dry and brittle. The solution? Dump a BOTTLE of lotion on it. I guess our baby sitter (Logan) was a little on the sleepy side tonight.
Oh, and apparently he was hungry and needed to dump the whole box of granola out instead of eating a few handfuls. The kid is lucky his dad found him and thought it was so funny. I'm not lying when I tell you this is the third box of cereal he's dumped out in two days. Tomorrow is Rearrange the Pantry Day at our house! Not that it will do any good, because he'll just drag the stool over and climb up to whatever he wants anyway. People weren't kidding when they told me boys are different than girls! It's a good thing he's cute, because that's the only thing that saved him tonight:)

17 comments:

Jodi said...

What the??? I am sooooo sorry you had to come home to that! A bottle of lotion on his head and he still looks stinkin' cute ;) What a little stinker!!

Rochelle said...

I bet you anything he sees Kelly lotion his head! He wants to be like dad!

I'm sorry you came home to such a mess!

Shay said...

What a cute little boy....oh, I know how all that goes. They hit two, and they are professional climbers, they have abilities beyond our knowledge. Thank goodness they are so cute, and that we love them so much...right?

Anonymous said...

Oh Aundrea, I feel your pain! I so know what you mean! Zach and his cousin Anna are only 3 weeks apart in age, and there is SUCH a difference in their personalities. Times when Angela (Anna's mom) has been over here she is baffled at the difference. Her little Anna has NEVER once climbed up onto a counter and raided the kitchen, where as Zach climbs up onto our counters daily. He was climbing over baby gates, up onto counters and putting spoons in my blender when he was 20 months old. Those were the sort of things I could expect if I left him alone in a room, just in the time it would take me to go pee! I seriously could not take my eyes off of him or he was just like Bronson. Here's a tip, if Bronson ever gets into the vaseline and thinks it would be a good conditioner, rub corn starch in his hair and use a fine tooth comb before shampooing, it works wonders! The good news is, Zach is still a climber but is not anywhere near as difficult as he was when he was a toddler. Hang in there, this too shall pass :)

Paige said...

Oh, man. What a stinker. Jaren put Diaper Cream in his hair yesterday. Maybe Tamera is teaching them these things in nursery. ;)

Toshia said...

My brother Seth once put a jar of peanut butter in his hair. And there was the time that my parents came home to find Seth sitting in the living room with an entire bottle of baby powder emptied out around him, clutching a butcher knife and us 3 girls and the babysitter hiding in a bedroom...ahh, the memories! Have fun with your little one, maybe I don't want this little boy to come out of me after all? :)

Marie said...

Thanks for the laugh! I feel for you - Kyle was my king of mischief! He would pilfer in the middle of the night (never been a good sleeper), and we would wake up to lights on in the hall, and find flour footprints to follow to all kinds of creations...never had to deal with lotion in the hair, though - that's a good one.

Autumn said...

Love the lotion in the hair!! So funny! Boys are such little stinkers!! ...at least the blog helps you to laugh about it!

Krista Lou Cook said...

I am kinda curious as to if scalp felt better :)

Tiffiny said...

I thought Mason was a bit out of control but I am happy to see that he is just a normal 2 year old. Makes me feel better as a mom! Fortunately we haven't had to deal with hair situations yet. I admit I thought it was pretty funny, glad its your kid and not mine;)

KerrieLeigh said...

I am so glad I am not the only one dealing with that kind of stuff right now. :~)

Shannon b said...

LOL -- The lotion on his head is just sooo making me laugh!

Amber said...

The fact that he was concerned at his dry hair makes me laugh! I thought boys didn't notice that kind of stuff! I feel for ya! My girls have always been the masters of disaster as well as any boy, but I am starting to think that we are maybe getting beyond that a bit. *knocking on wood* Sounds like you need another night out!

Chelsea said...

You and me both girl. Tate is into everything. I have to constantly know where he is and he knows I am usually tied to the couch feeding someone. Did I tell you he has a tent strapped to his bed so he can't get out? Good luck!

melandriley said...

It is a good thing his cute! Sounds like you might need a little vacation. How about my house Wednesday?

Unknown said...

It is a really good thing he is cute. Hopefully his head is really soft now. LOL

Marci said...

That's too funny. I always have a stool in front of my pantry where the kids have gotten into something! I wish I could see into their little minds and see how they think of the things they do. I'm glad we can always look back and laugh!