Today is Kelly's dad's birthday. In honor of Tutu we went and ate at the local Hawaiian restaurant and had some yummy food. Earlier in the day I went and got some helium balloons and after dinner we all wrote notes and tied them to the balloons and then let them go up to the Heavens. Hopefully Tutu will get a glimpse at them and know how much we miss him. Tutu was such a great example of love and strength, kindness and service. He was a talented musician and we miss hearing his beautiful voice. We miss his voice mails when he would sing "I Just Called to Say I Love You." We miss his cute giggle and the way he would tease. We are so grateful for the knowledge that we have that families are forever and that we will get to see him again. We love you Tutu!!





16 comments:
What a great idea! I love that you guys celebrated for him! I'm sure he would have loved that! The balloon thing was awesome! I loved hearing your memories of him singing on the answering machine...I hope you have some of those still!
What a beautiful tribute! Happy Birthday, Tutu!
What a incredible idea to send your love to him. Is the balloon thing a tradition? If not, it should be.
I love that you did that! It brought tears to my eyes as I have always wished my children had gotten to know my father before he had passed. What a great example for your kids!
I love the balloons floating off to heaven! I got the people bumps reading this. I know he was a great man by the legacy he left, he has an amazing wife children and grandchildren!
That is such a great idea. Perfect tribute.
That is such a great idea. What a great tribute.
Rochelle I have never heard them called the people bumps, I like it.
Tutu must have been an amazing man to have helped raise such amazing children. Happy Birthday, Tutu!
That was a beautiful idea, and what a wonderful man he must have been to have had all of you.
I am sure TuTu got a glimpse. What a fun way to remember him and show you kids how much you love him and that his memory will live on. I got the people bumps too.:0)
What a wonderful thing to do in honor of him!
That is super sweet Aundrea, what a beautiful way to remember such a special family member.
He was an awesome person. That's one way of letting your kids know what a neat person they had for a grandpa.
Cute TuTu..he was loved by many! I love that you all celebrated his b-day and continue to show your love for him. Happy b-day TuTu.
Such a cute family!!! Did Kelly tell you that I saw him while he was here in Utah?? It was good to see him, now you ALL need to come up!!!
That is awesome! You guys are awesome. We didn't do anything as creative but eat at Outback and get massages!
Post a Comment