My friend, Jenny, tagged me and I thought it was fun. Especially since we grew up together, some of the things we were doing were the same.
20 Years Ago: I was going to Girls Camp for the first time. I remember being really scared since my mom had just had Rachel, I was sure I would leave and something bad would happen. When I was away my mom had to go to the hospital because she had blood clots. Thankfully everything turned out okay.
I lived in the best neighborhood! It seemed like all the kids were the same age. We played Kick the Can almost every night of summer! I also did water ballet (synchronized swimming) with my good friends Jenny, Candace, Sunny, Jayleen, and my little sister Mel. Do any of you remember what songs we had routines to? All I can remember is Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer".I lived at the pool during my summers and had a killer tan!
10 Years Ago: I had been married for two years and had a cute 6-week old baby girl. Logan. Just starting out on this thing called motherhood:) We enjoyed spending time with our families in Blanding whenever we could get away.
5 Years Ago: We were living in the Beaverton, Oregon area. We had added Maika to our family. I was working part-time at Charlotte's Weddings as a bridal consultant, helping to pick out wedding gowns and doing some of the shipping/receiving, and book keeping. It's funny to me that I worked with brides...SO NOT my personality to care about what shade of pink their snotty bridesmaids have to wear!
3 Years Ago: We were in the process of building our new home. It was so exciting to be able to pick out colors and flooring, etc. We were loving the idea of having lots of space. Nalani was about 6 months old and such a cutie! Three little girls for us! I got to go on an Alaskan Cruise with my mom and her side of the family.
1 Year Ago: We were celebrating Bronson's 1st birthday...yep a little boy sneaked into our family:) We had just bought our boat and loved getting to spend so much time together as a family. We got to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for my family reunion and got to have most of Kelly's family visit us to help celebrate with Bronson's luau. I got to go to Hawaii and Chicago with Kelly!!
This year so far I've made it through another school year. We are enjoying summer. I'm learning how to sew really easy stuff:) We are planning a few vacations. We've been able to see family and hope to see lots more. I've enjoyed getting to spend time with friends and have shared lots of meals and laughs together.
Yesterday I took the kids to a magic show at the library, ate cheap KFC at the park while visiting with girlfriends and watching the kids be monkeys, and played some Bunco that night.
Today I'm looking forward to Kelly coming home from a work trip, blogging, and trying to recreate my grandma's bean recipe. I've never made them before, but they are smelling dang good!
Tomorrow I'm celebrating my 12th anniversary with Kelly! I'm thinking dinner and a movie.
In the next year I will have two kids in school all day and one in preschool. I'll have so much time on my hands I might decide to take piano lessons or something:)
I tag Jenni H., Lisa W., Kayela, and Nani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So fun to read! Wasn't growing up in Blanding the best!? Summer time especially. Our parents could totally let us run wild and never have to worry! Happy Anniversary...hope you guys do something fun!
Aaah, I miss childhood and those long summer days... If you're planning to vacation in the valley of the sun anytime this year let us know!
Yesterday was so fun! Everyone has trips on there reminiscing, I need to get going!
That was a fun blog. You are awesome, I am glad to have you in my life.
That was so fun! Thanks for tagging me...I'm excited to do mine!! :)
Loved this post, too! It was fun to read and learn more about you. I drove by Charlotte's today and was thinking back about 5 years ago when I met my cousin there to help her pick out a gown. Maybe you were there then too?!
Post a Comment