Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On the wagon...

Not that I've ever been off the wagon, but, I've jumped on the bandwagon and have been sewing aprons like crazy! I, along with the help of Rochelle, made five aprons to give to the Laurel girls that are graduating. The YW pres made some really cute recipe books to go along with them. Hopefully they'll be well-equipped to whip up some yummy meals for all their dates at college.

I also made some for Logan's and Maika's teachers as end-of-year presents. The only ones I've managed to take pictures of is the one I made for Nalani. It was the most time consuming since I added the rick rack. I also thought it was the hardest, since It was miniature in size. I had some left-over fabric and made and even more miniature one for Jodi's little girl, Megan. I thought they turned out really cute! Now I need to finish one for Logan and Maika...Maybe I'll whip up a BBQ one for Kelly as a Father's Day present.

This one's for Megan!

12 comments:

Paige said...

So cute!! That mini one is just too darling. Nice work! I am going to have to come up with a new hobby for next year so all the teachers don't get multiple aprons. ;)

Unknown said...

I feel so left out that I am not making cute aprons too. Maybe me Autumn and Kerrieliegh need to make some together so we don't feel so left out. I so need a project to work on I am so bored.

Rochelle said...

Cute! I love the lady bugs, I can't wait to see the Butterfly!

Jodi said...

WOOOO HOOOOO! Megan is the luckiest little girl :) That apron is darling...love the ladybugs and the ric rac! She is going to look so stinkin' cute in it. Thanks sooooo much!

Autumn said...

That is SO cute! I love it! I LOVE ric rac...so I think that is a fabulous touch! Way to go Martha!!

Amber said...

Holy cow you guys are ambitious!I can't even keep up with my blog! Maika's is dang cute!

Candy said...

very cute! Logan was telling me all about it at piano today - you secret crafty person you:)

The Baker Bunch said...

That's a great idea! Do you have a simple pattern? They look great!!!!! I'm back with my blog!! Love ya!

Nicole said...

Ahhhh.. that turned out so adorable!!! What a beautiful little model :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

It looks to me like Nalani is pretty excited about that SUPER cute apron. Lucky teachers and lucky little Meg.

Michelle said...

You did such a good job! That's totally adorable- and I love your fabric choices!

KerrieLeigh said...

Really cute! I agree with Jenny, we are going to have to give it a try.