
I hope Kelly has a good Father's Day! He kind of jipped because we both had to speak in Sacrament meeting so I wasn't able to get up and make him a nice breakfast or anything. We knew we actually had to be on time today:) We probably threw off the whole chemistry of the seating arrangement because we usually sit in the overflow area!
Kelly gave an awesome talk about his dad's life and how he was a pioneer for his family. I'm tempted to post it sometime, so our kids and grand kids know how awesome their grandpa was! I took Bronson out to the Mother's Room during Kelly's talk and was able to listen to it there. I'm glad I was the only one in there because I could cry without worrying about who could see me!
We are having a BBQ with some friends later this afternoon. I will post pictures later...
We got him some model rockets and Rochelle and I made Jer and Kelly matching "manly" aprons for BBQ-ing. Last night we came home from a date with a plate of cookies waiting for Kelly and a cute card that the kids made for daddy with the help of some awesome babysitters.

I love you, babe! I'm so glad that my kids have such a great daddy!
16 comments:
Yes - I am the first to post! I beat all of you! Hahaha! Happy Father's Day Kelly! You are a great Dad! We have a great father to aspire after! I am glad your talk went well! I wish I could have talked too! Congrats to Logan too...Follow after your Aunty nani!
I loved both of your talks and found myself tearing up several times. You both have an amazing heritage to pass on to your kids. And I want to see pictures of the manly aprons, please!!
I'm sure everyone in your ward enjoyed sacrament meeting a whole lot more since the two of you spoke. I wish I could have heard your talks.
I am amazed by the both of you! Really both gave the best talks I've heard for a while and I know it was hard for Kelly but I was glad that he shared his father with us today. It helped me - I was missing my dad terribly so thank you both:)
You guys are such good speakers! I really enjoyed both of your talks.
Happy father's day Kelly!
I hate speaking in church. It kinda sucks around here all of our friends have family around and we don't so most of the time we are bbqing by ourselfs really boring. You'll have to post the cute apron you made.
Happy Father's Day Kelly! Love the matching manly aprons!
Love the manly aprons! I do have to say though that Kelly's looked more manly than Jer's. Maybe it was the tidy little bow Jer made.
I love the matching manly aprons!
Fun aprons! I am sure you both gave wonderful talks. I am sorry I missed them.
I always listen to my hubby's talks in the mother's lounge...my kids take full advantage. Love the Aprons!!
so glad you're talks went well, I wish I could have heard them. The aprons are cool. Happy father's day, Kelly...you're the best!
happy fathers day. If you make it down call me. It would be fun to see you again.
Those are some very handsome manly aprons! I very much enjoyed both of your talks.
That is super sweet--Gotta love a man in the kitchen.
What a beautiful family you have.
I wanted to invite you to link your Keeping it Real post to my blog fest I'm hosting tomorrow. Marfa was the inspiration behind it all! (and she got tagged following links that ended up here) Come play; it'll be fun!
Dang, I wish i would have known you two were speaking. I would have totally ditched our ward to come see you. Love the manly aprons.
Post a Comment