Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2 for 2...Yay it's summertime!

This is Logan's second year at her current school, and it's the second year she's been rewarded with the "Explorer Award". Every year each teacher gets to choose one or two students that have exceeded academically and in citizenship throughout the school year. We are very proud of Logan and what a good girl she is. We are grateful for the high standard she sets for the rest of us:) It was fun to stay and watch the end-of-year slide show with Logan. Bronson ran right up to her and sat quietly on her lap the entire time. It was neat that they dedicated an entire section to Shane (a little boy that was in her grade that died tragically).Maika also did very well in Kindergarten. She is a good little reader! One of my goals this summer is to make sure my kids read everyday. I think I'll try to take them to the Library once a week so that they can choose books they are interested in. Maika is so excited to be in 1st grade next year!

Hopefully it will warm up soon! We are ready for summer at our house, but don't want to spend it bundled up in winter clothes. I have to say, I'm having a hard time believing there is such a thing as "Global Warming" right now:)

14 comments:

Amber said...

Seriously! I've heard how bad it's been up there! I hope it will be nice for us when we come in July so that we can actually enjoy the beach this year! Last July it rained every one of the 11 days we were there and we actually had to buy some warm clothes for Alicia. Sooo lame! Congrats Logan and Maika!

Shannon b said...

congrats to Logan! I bet you are so proud. :)

Merilee said...

Good job Logan and Maika! Brains and Beauty, Watch out.

I'm totally ready for summer weather too!

marcia said...

Wow Logan that is great! We are so proud of you. Maika, I can't wait to have you read to me when I go visit you. What great kids...a cute pics too. Aundrea, I'm very impressed with your sewing skills...what cute aprons

Paige said...

You have a beautiful family. I think it's so cute how attached Bronson is to his big sister!! And WTG Logan -- seems like she is blazing a great course for the rest to follow.

Rochelle said...

Way to go Logan! Now you know you can do it so no excuses for next year! ;0)

KerrieLeigh said...

That is so awesome, two years in a row! She must have really great parents!

Michelle said...

Way to go Logan! That's a great achievement !

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Great job Logan! Happy Last day of school.

melandriley said...

Good job Logan your awesome!

Cute aprons Aundrea.

Jodi said...

You have such great kids!
That is REALLY a special award that Logan received! We are all really proud of her. Can't wait to see what she achieves next. There's nothing stopping her :)

Autumn said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Logan! What an accomplishment...and 2 years in a row!? Aundrea...you are an awesome mom with great kids!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome. I hope I can try and get my kids to study alittle and read this summer. Good job Logan. What gas did you use. I have no idea what that is? B52 gas or what even. hee hee

Candy said...

She was so excited after school - the girls are awesome and it is fun having them be friends to share in their awards! I say to everyone "Let the summer begin!"