Happy anniversary to me and Kelly! Twelve years ago we were married in the St. George, Utah Temple. I've shown friends the engagement picture above and they've totally made fun of it because (except for the fact that Kelly has hair) they think we (I) look way older than I do now:) I was so young, barely 20, but I guess the helmet hairdo added some years!I honestly couldn't have picked a better partner! We've had some wonderful and hard experiences during our marriage that have made us grow. We've added four beautiful children to our family. I thought I loved Kelly as much as I could the day we were married, but now, looking back, I barely knew what love was. I love him so much more today!
I'm grateful for his patience, for his cute grin when he's trying not to let me know he thinks I'm funny. He loves me and our children so much and would do anything for us. I love the quiet ways he shows his love for us!

I love this picture. It was so hot that day and the sun was shining so bright that you can barely see the temple in the background. If you've ever been there you know how beautiful and bright- white it is. It really stands out from the red rocks that surround St. George.

Here we are at our reception. Don't you love the standard cultural hall backdrop? The only thing I would change about our wedding is, I wish we would have gotten a good photographer. I loved our reception! I thought it was so much fun. Kelly's Auntie Nani sent over all the fresh-flower leis from Hawaii. The most embarrassing moment of my life happened at my reception...I was forced to dance the "money dance" and I think I'm still scarred for life!! First of all, I don't dance. Second of all, there was mostly non-Polynesian people at my reception and they had no idea what to do. So my mere $300 seemed like a drop in the bucket when my sisters-in-law made thousands of dollars during their dances! I figured it had to be my dancing and people didn't think much of it, so, like I said, I'm scarred for life!
Happy Anniversary to us! Here's to many, many, many more!
20 comments:
Happy Anniversay. I remember coming to St. George to be outside when you got married. It was very pretty. That trip also made me realize how much I liked JJ so thank you for letting me be there.
Happy anniversary. I'm so glad the two of you found each other.
Happy Anniversary! You are (and were) a beautiful couple. You are right, though. The 90s hair wasn't doing you any favors. :)
Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great day! It's cool to look at your picture 12 years ago and the recent one of the two of you right next to it.
Happy Anniversary! You both look so young in those pictures.
You guys look so good together. It is kinda of weird to see Kelly with hair though! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! It's so cool to see the old pictures! You guys look so young! Love the money dance story...I know I would be scarred for life too! All of my cousins have paid for their honeymoon and then some with that money...too bad Blanding hasn't caught on! :)
Twelve years! Congrats! And I sooo like your hair better now! :)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You guys are great!
I liked your hair back then...remember we thought you looked like Terry Hatcher when she was in the Superman series? Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You guys look so cute! (and still do, of course) Very beautiful flowers.
Dude, i used to have hair like that! Then I developed a monkey's *#s on the back of my head, so i shaved it all gone! Happy anniversary big guy.
Hugs and kisses, Jack
Awww, LOVE this post! And the picture is great, I think you look beauitful :) Happy Anniversary!!!
I love those pictures and wish I could have been there to see the dance! : )
Oh, not getting a good photographer is also my biggest regret!
Happy Anniversary! We love you both and think you are an amazing couple! Here's to another 12 fabulous years!
PS...You guys look great then and now! Love the pictures!
Happy Anniversary! I loved the picts of then and now side by side. You are both such wonderful people. Here's to happily ever after. :0)
Happy Anniversay. You guys look so cute 12 years ago, and still look cute today.
oh my goodness! Kelly with hair. I've never seen that before! You do look younger now though. It looks like you were trying to be a grown up in your engagement picture. Definitely a much better dresser now!
Happy Anniversary!
One more thing we share in common...it was our anniversary on the 20th, also. And I was forced into doing the money dance and I do NOT dance either. TOTALLY humiliating. But, hey, at least we made some cash for our honeymoon!
You guys were and still are a beautiful couple!
Happy ANNIVErSARY!
My mom and dad have a picture of their reception with the same back drop. white chapel right? gotta love accordion curtains! How awesome! Congratulations!
Post a Comment