Last night I was watching a TV program called "Jon & Kate Plus 8". It is about a couple who struggled with infertility. The first time they tried invitro, it resulted in twin girls, three years later they tried it again and it resulted in sextuplets! Three girls and three boys!
So, the show is just about their daily life...with two 6-year-olds, and six 3-year-olds! I was having anxiety attacks just watching it. I was absolutely amazed, and I guess, overwhelmed, because I had nightmares about it all night long! Kelly and I were "John and Kate". I woke up so relieved to only have my four kiddos with their different ages and different stages at different times:) I cannot imagine having to do it all at once. Let alone the stretch marks this poor woman's stomach has after carrying eight babies in only two pregnancies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I have had nightmares after watching this show too! I do not know how they do it! It stresses me out watching how mean she is to her husband!! ...even though I would probably be the same way!! :)
She's really mean to him isn't she?! She acts like he's one of her kids and I think he does a great job at trying to help out and do his part!
I have only seen that show once...the one where they took ALL their kids to the pumpkin patch, including the corn maze! Unbelievable! I *seriously* don't know how they do it. I, personally, would be a total basket case!
I love that show! It makes me feel so much better about my own life. My favorite episode was when a plastic surgeon gave her a much needed tummy tuck for free. Plus I think the husband is a total saint.
I have never seen this show. Sounds like it would give me panic attacks, too. I sometimes wonder how I handle three. Can you imagine EIGHT kids fighting over who gets to sit in the front and who gets to brush teeth first?? Yikes.
Hey Aundrea! I have watched a couple of these episodes and can't even imagine being those poor parents! I'm grateful to hear that someone gave that woman a tummy tuck though! I saw the episode where she flopped her belly out of her girdle! Holy cow!
It sounds frightening. I don't dare get pregnant here...I think there is something strange in the water. My neighbors have twins, two doors down is triplets, and two other neighbors have twins. (lots of neighbors when you live on a corner.) One at a time is all I can deal with.
I've seen that show listed but never watched it. I may have to check it out. But it sounds like it would stress me out just watching it.
Okay, I'm still laughing about your Eldon Nez comment on my blog -how did I not get to be in your group??
So I haven't seen the show but I saw this couple (and kids) on Ellen and the crazy thing is she said she wants more!
Your addiction to TLC totally cracks me up. I have never seen the show. It sounds pretty interesting.
I've seen that show before and I cannot even imagine what that must be like. Total craziness. Well, I'm glad you woke up and it was only a dream. Some nightmare!
Post a Comment