This weekend we were minus two kids. My friend, Candy, took Logan and Maika to their beach house Thursday through Sunday because the schools were out for parent/teacher conferences. She should receive some sort of sainthood in my "never to be humble opinion". She said they had a great time and my girls helped her girls to stay entertained. They got to go see the new "Bee Movie" and played a lot on the beach. I guess it was great weather on the coast, they couldn't even fly kites one day because there wasn't enough wind:) We never get that lucky, even when we go in the summer! Thanks Candy, the girls had such a great time!!
Kelly was supposed to go to the Oregon/Arizona football game but got the shaft at the last minute because some customer decided he wanted to go. The nerve! So his back-up plan was to take Nalani to "Disney Princesses on Ice". He was very excited to take her, he even went to the Disney Store the night before and bought her a new shirt, skirt, tights, and a "Going to the ball" kit which included sunglasses, cell phone, earrings, purse, fan, and a notepad and pen! I asked Kelly why we couldn't all go, since that only included Bronson and myself. He was adamant that Bronson could NOT go to Princesses on Ice! Maybe something else on ice but NOT Princesses! So, Bronson and I stayed home and took down Halloween decorations and pulled the dead flowers out of the yard while Kelly took Nalani on their date.
They got there early enough to walk around and spend a lot of money on some cheap toys. They even saw a few people they knew (Kennedy and her aunt Cindy). Kelly said Nalani sat on his lap the whole time and was mesmerized! Each time a new princess came out she would get all excited and say "ooh look, Ariel!" or whoever it was. Her favorites were Ariel and Sleeping Beauty. Kelly came home very impressed with the show and said he would do it again. I guess he liked it better than the time he took Maika and Nalani to "The Wiggles":)One last story about Nalani: Yesterday after I picked her up from Nursery she was showing me the picture she colored of a Thanksgiving Indian. She was very proud of it! She then noticed Tammy's husband in front of us and started running after him yelling, "Hey, Jesus, look what I got!" I, needless to say, busted up laughing! This man has a full beard and I guess she thought he resembles Jesus a bit:) Too cute! And how sweet and innocent it was, it made me think we should all be living our lives so when He comes again we would be running up to him excited to show what we've been doing with our lives...
18 comments:
What a great daddy daugther date. It is nice that you got one on one time with Bronson too.
the Jesus story is too funny!
And it sounds like you ALL had a great weekend. And Scott would be right there with Kelly on not allowing our boys to go to "princesses" on ice. It's all about protecting their sons' manhood, I guess.
Kelly is such a great dad! I bet this is something Nalani will be talking about for months!! And it's great that you got some one-on-one time with Bronson.
PS...I was laughing so hard about the Jesus story! I wish I could have been there to see that one :)
What a great evening for Nalani and Kelly. And I love the Jesus story. Remember when Chris had really long hair? One day when he went to someone's door in the ward, their 3 year old answered it. He went running to his mom saying, "Mom, Jesus is at the door." I too love a child's sweet innocence. It's sad that life takes that away from us.
Joelle thought that Bro. Brame was Jesus. When he was praying in Sacrament Meeting once she said, "Look! It's Jesus!!" I'm glad that Kelly and Nelanie were able to have such a fun date! Brian took Jillise to that when Joelle was a baby and she STILL talks about it. :)
Kennedy enjoyed the Princesses on Ice, but they ended up leaving at intermission. She had had enough. Nice break that you got and to have some one on one time with Bronson I'm sure was great. I always think that my kids love the time together because they are definitely more helpful and giddy to be around me, though Bronson is pretty little to probably really understand. I'm glad that you had a good weekend!
What a great dad and very cute story. I too love the sweet innocence of little kids...
I too love the Jesus story, that is precious. What a sweet daddy daughter date. I am especially impressed that Kelly took the time and made the effort to get her an outfit for the show. She is a lucky girl.
What an awesome Daddy Kelly is! Your little girl is the perfect little princess too! I love the outfit and dress ups he picked out for her...so cute!--Love the Jesus story...Jace did the opposite-one day we were at Deseret Book and he saw a picture of Jesus and he said, "Look Mommy there's Tarzan!" ..It was not my proudest mommy moment!! :)
That's just the sweetest thing ever! Seriously, what a great daddy to make such a memorable night for his little girl!
Oh I am laughing so hard at Autumns Tarzan moment! Nalani seriously cracks me up!
Well it's no secret that Kelly is a proud papa and loves every chance he gets with his kids. Its nice he had this time with Nalani and I know how proud she was of her dress and I am impressed with Kelly's princess shopping skills!
That is so sweet! It's stories like that that make me sad I never I had a girl. Paul would have loved daddy/daughter dates.
Nalani is so darn cute. She's looking at her cellphone like she's reading a textmessage from the Prince. Kelly is the best. What a great dad all those little Kalauli kids have. I can just see Nalani running up to Jesus..that is so cute! You should send that story into the church mags. It sounds like everyone had a good weekend.
Don't you love daddy daughter dates? Something so sweet about them. Loved the "Jesus" story!
What a fun evening for Nalani. I am sure she will remember it forever.
I still remember the daddy/daughter dates that my dad took me on. Lucky little girl, he never would have taken me to see the princesses... too girly for him, but he tried. As everyone else said, cute Jesus spotting!
Love the new look!
Post a Comment