- two breakfasts at Denny's (gotta love the French Toast Slam!)
- one mani/pedi
- lots of shopping (I'm down a pant size! yeah for me!)
- two good dinners (one at Outback and one at Hugo's Cellar)
- one session at the Las Vegas Temple (where I met a brother of a friend of Kelly's family, small world!)
- three thrill rides (two on the Stratosphere which were CRAZY! And the roller coaster around New York, New York)
- watched one movie ("Dan, in Real Life" which was good,but painful to watch the awkwardness of the situation. Sort of reminiscent of watching "Meet the Parents" for the first time, which is now one of my favorite movies.)
- lots of laughing and making of jokes!
- one and one-half books read (finished "Love, Ruby Lavender" by Deborah Wiles, who wrote one of my favorite books called "Each Little Bird that Sings" I highly recommend both of these, they can be found in the children/young adult section. I started this month's book for my book group called "The Hiding Place" about WWII Holland and a family helping refugee Jews, also very good!)
- three hours laying by the pool (it was 85 degrees down there!)
- lots of driving around, looking for the movie theater (for all the lights and advertising that goes on in Vegas, I'll give you a dollar if you can find a sign for a movie theater without trying REAL hard!)
- lots of phone calls home to make sure everything was going okay (and because I REALLY started missing everybody!)
- lots of pictures taken (because of my blog. I know my mom and Melanie were probably so sick of me bringing it up!)
- hugs goodbye (and me,secretly planning for next year)
- lots of waiting in lines (for the rides, but the worst was the airport on Sunday! If you're "Leaving Las Vegas" give yourself a LOT of time. I got there almost two hours early and the people were telling me, "oh you might make your flight." I made my flight.)
I had such a fun time but I'm so glad to be home! When Kelly and the kids picked me up from the airport everyone was happy to see me. Everyone, that is, but Bronson! I think he was punishing me for leaving or something. He didn't want anything to do with me for the first few hours, he only wanted his daddy. I walked in to our house and everything was so nice and clean! Kelly even cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the kitchen floor. Like I said, I have the greatest husband! Thanks Mel and Mom for a fun weekend and thanks again, Kelly,for letting me go and taking care of everything else!


16 comments:
First, I love you hair.
Second, Great pics I love the night shots.
Third, What the hell are you doing reading books when you are in Vegas?
I'm glad your back!
I love your Loot!! I'm so jealous, I want a girls weekend in Vegas .. What a Blast! That was extremely kind of Kelley, but you DESERVED it too! Looks like you had a great time.
I agree with Rochelle -- your haircut looks awesome. And I LOVE your new bag and boots! You scored big time. I'm so glad you had fun. What an awesome hubby you have. :)
how fun! And what a great gift! I had no idea you were away in Vegas. You look great in all the pictures -- new haircut?? And the green purse is so so cute! Hope your trip left you feeling totally rejuvenated.
You guys look so great! It was fun to see pictures of your sister and mom. How does your mom still look SO fabulous!? I am so jealous of your cute handbag...I have a little bit of an obsession!!
Jealous on so many levels! But I think coming home to clean bathrooms might have been my favorite part!
I am so glad that you had fun on your trip! I wish I had been on vacation this weekend, lucky. And like everyone else said, what a CUTE haircut!
Wow - sounds like an awesome trip! I am definitely openly jealous :)
How fun to get away with the girls! I also noticed the hair - I like it! And you and your sis look a lot a like. (She's not the one Ryan's age is she?!)
Aundrea, you look beautiful!!!
What a fun time for you, props to Kelly for encouraging you to do something like that :)
I LOVE LAS VEGAS!!! BABY! So glad your trip was fun and I'm with everyone else...you look like one hot mama! AND I am soooooo in love with that green bag :)
What an awesome trip. You are one gorgeous babe and a half!
Those are the hugest Elvis hands I have ever seen! Did that dude creep you out a bit or what?
Sounds like a great weekend. I had to reminise about a few places you were. Hugo's cellar...that was the hot spot for Prom when I was in highschool. I did get to go there my junior year. Love the Las Vegas temple. That is where I recieved my endowment. I am FAR to afraid of heights to go on the Stratosphere roller coasters, just being up there makes me dizzy. I thought "Each Little Bird that Sings" was wonderful, so can I borrow "Love, Ruby Lavender"? And "The Hiding Place" is one of my favorites. Wow! Sorry, that was alot of commenting. One more thing, that was wonderful of Kelly to give you the weekend off.
what great memories we created in taking that little get away to Vegas. It was so fun to see you and Mel have so much fun together...who would have thunk when you were both in highschool that you would really like eachother some day. It was one of those unforgettable times for a proud mom to be with her sweet daughters. I loved every minute of the trip. What great son-in- laws I have to take such good care of the grandkids so their wives could enjoy some time away. I love 'em
Two thoughts mostly about this post. #1. I love "Love, Ruby Lavendar" After I read her other book (which you recommended) I read this one and I think loved it even more.
#2. I've been to Vegas for a girls weekend and HATED it. What did I do wrong? So many people love it there. I think I need to try again and you have to come with!
Sounds like a great trip
Post a Comment