Tuesday, October 9, 2007

3-peat


We just got back from what seemed to be the Senior Citizen Social Gathering of the Year! Every year our PUD (electric company) puts on a free spaghetti dinner. Along with the dinner they have drawings for prizes, free balloon artists (the best I've ever seen), and free caricature artists (some years good, some not so good). They also sponsor a coloring contest through the schools and Logan has entered the last three years. The PUD gives cash prizes,$10 for 1st and $5 for 2nd. Logan has placed 1st or 2nd each time she's entered, so we get to go. It actually always turns out to be a fun night but crazy too, especially when I take the kids places with out Kelly. People were coming up to me all night asking if all these kids were mine (we had our neighbor Taylor with us). When I say most of them, they look at me like I'm crazy. One lady put her hand on my shoulder and asked if I had a husband. I assured her I did, and that he was working, I think that made her feel a little better about things:) So, we had a fun night! At least I didn't have to make or clean-up dinner, and when we got home the kids went straight to bed! Hooray for the PUD! These are the caricatures we had done of the kids last year. We didn't have time this year. I think Nalani's and Maika's look the most like them. Logan looks like she's about 16, and Bronson was only 3 months old at the time. I really think these are cute though!

12 comments:

Nicole said...

There's nothing better then hanging out with senior citizens! Glad you had fun. I do love those drawings though.

Lisa said...

The caricatures are so cute! I love Bronsons and Logan looks like Eva Mendes. :)

Darilyn said...

I can't believe you went to a dinner sponsored by your electric company. That is so cool. What a fun time.

Merilee said...

So adorable. I can't get over Nalani's.
You are one brave woman. I would have never attempted that by myself.

Marie said...

Great caricatures and congrats to Logan!

Anonymous said...

I love those caricatures, how fun! And hey, free dinner with no clean up, I'm all over that!!!

Jodi said...

You make me laugh...maybe it's because I can picture your face and tone of voice when the lady asked if you had a husband! The nerve of some people...seriously!
I love those caricatures! Glad you had a fun night :)

Bonnie said...

Cute caricatures. I don't think I could have haddled my 2 kids there alone. Great Job Mom!!!

Autumn said...

Aundrea...I'm invading your blog! I linked from Rochelle's..hope you don't mind. I just wanted to tell you how beautiful I think your family is and how much fun I have had reading all of your hilarious stories! Loved this one! I always get the "are you crazy" look when I visit my parents in AZ.!! (Sometimes I think I am!)

Shannon b said...

I've always wondered if anyone goes to that spaghetti dinner. But now I know I can find you all there!
The drawings are sooo cute -- the one of Nalani is right on.

Lisa said...

Aundrea, I'm so glad you found me. You're family is beautiful! I'll be peeking in a lot. : )

sheila said...

I've lived here for a long time and I haven't ever heard of that dinner! It sounds like a good time. I can just see some lady asking you if you had a husbnad. Thank goodness you have help with that brood! (Well, some of the time)