Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kelly's 51 things...

I still don't have the consent form signed on this, but here goes. I know he has a secret desire for me to do this:)
  1. Kelly was born in American Samoa.
  2. Kelly isn't Samoan, he's Hawaiian (they're different, people!)
  3. Kelly is very proud of his Hawaiian heritage.
  4. He is proud that his kids are proud of their Hawaiian heritage.
  5. Kelly pretty much taught himself to play the ukulele.
  6. His dad was so proud of him!
  7. Kelly grew up mostly on the Navajo and Hopi reservations in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona.
  8. His dream job would be to go back to the reservation and be a teacher/coach.
  9. He has an excellent Navajo accent.
  10. He gets a laugh out of me every time he talks in it.
  11. Kelly is smack-dab in the middle of nine kids.
  12. He suffers from middle-child syndrome:)
  13. When Kelly was in high-school he was the Bishop's son, the Principal's son, and a Kalauli, if he did something wrong he got in trouble three times!
  14. Kelly is a sports fanatic.
  15. He especially likes football.
  16. His favorite college teams are Oklahoma, BYU, and whoever is playing against Oregon.
  17. He still has issues with their scandalous win over Oklahoma last year!
  18. Kelly is a hard worker.
  19. He has worked for the same company for over twelve years.
  20. Kelly likes to snowboard.
  21. He scheduled his classes at BYU around his snowboarding schedule.
  22. Kelly is a good son and brother.
  23. He's a great husband!
  24. He's a fabulous dad!
  25. Kelly is very compassionate.
  26. He's always looking out for the little guy.
  27. Just ask the drunk guy from Warm Springs:)
  28. Kelly is laid-back (understatement), but will not be taken advantage of!
  29. Kelly is quiet.
  30. He's also very talkative once you get to know him.
  31. Kelly is understanding of women.
  32. He grew up with six sisters
  33. He now has three daughters.
  34. Maybe that's why he's so quiet, he can never get a word in.
  35. Kelly thinks about things before he talks.
  36. When we were first married, one of the first bits of advice that he gave me was, "You know, you don't have to say everything that comes into your head."
  37. When Kelly does talk, people usually listen.
  38. Kelly is a natural leader.
  39. Kelly is training for the Maui marathon. Maybe. In his dreams!
  40. His wife will cheer him on from the nearest beach!
  41. As quiet and laid-back as Kelly is, don't make him mad while he's driving!
  42. He once threw a loaf of bread out the window at a driver that made him mad.
  43. Another time, at a stop light he got out of his car, walked calmly over to the driver that made him mad, opened their door and punched the guy in the face.
  44. While walking to our car after a Jazz game a car came really close to hitting me while I was in the cross-walk and he kicked the car.
  45. Kelly really isn't psycho.
  46. Kelly went into mourning when his favorite rappers were killed-off. He still gives props to Biggy-smalls and Tupac. May they rest in peace.
  47. Kelly gets excited every time he sees someone of color in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
  48. Kelly's middle name is Ali'i. It means "the chief".
  49. Kelly's real last name is Kalaulipauliuliauheaokekoa. It means "the warrior who fights from the trees".
  50. Kelly was the Prom King in high school. He wore a white tuxedo and had a Mexican mustache. He was HOT!
  51. Kelly is still HOT!

So, there you have it! You can all say that you know Kelly a little better now.

19 comments:

Autumn said...

This was so good! I feel like I know him a little now! I have to try to talk Bryan into letting me do this! :)... I love that he threw a loaf of bread at someone!! lol

Nicole said...

LOVE IT!!! I think he owes you a nice dinner out for saying so many wonderful things about him! Great post.

Jeremy Lyman said...

I'll add one Aundrea forgot Kelly is also a closet blogger! LOL! That is so fun to read and I do love the Navajo accent (especially when he and Jer get going together).

Nicole said...

I wish every day I CAN BE MORE LIKE KELLY. I thought his middle name stands for warrior who picks fights with drunk Indians in front of wife and kids and friends. You also forgot to say he loves to cook. Maui marathon 2008 LET'S DO IT. AND KELLY THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST..

Nicole said...

That last one was from Spencer!

Rochelle said...

Ok crazy billigana left his name on so I posted under him. Sorry. And unfortunatley Jeremy's secret blog name has now been compromised.

Jeremy Lyman said...

Ive been following dees blogs for a whole lotsa days.

Me bestest memory is when klizzy was da prom king and I was da fry bread queen.

In my mos favoritest dream I renember dat sesiest messican musdash dat klizzy spent tree months to grow.

if i had more of dat time i would pos my one hunerd klizzie list.

I never stop thinking about hom for a hole lotta days.

Toshia said...

i am very impressed with your list, i learned a lot. You rfamily is awesome! (P.S. loved the pink stripes for bunco halloween... :)

Jodi said...

*I seriously cannot imagine Kelly punching some random guy in the face during traffic!
*I love "You know, you don't have to say everything that comes into your head." More people need to listen to this advice!
*I agree that Kelly seems like a natural leader...when he talks, people listen.
*We have never heard the Navajo accent and would like to the next time we are all together.

We think you are awesome, Kelly :) What a great list!

Michelle said...

Great list! I think the guys are secretly loving all of the attention- who doesn't like reading fun stuff about themselves?

Paige said...

I love it!! Why don't you use his whole last name? It's AWESOME!! I don't know Kelly at ALL but this was really fun to read!

Anonymous said...

Holy last name!!! That's crazy long.

And I'm with Jodi, I can't picture Kelly punching ANYONE. The guy must have TOTALLY deserved it :)

That was fun to read! And now I know not to make him mad if I see him on the road :)

Shannon b said...

Okay, he definitely cannot have any complaints about this list -- you said so many nice things about him. Although, I can't believe he acutally punched that guy!

Merilee said...

love the list, and what's the story of the drunk dude from warm springs?

The Foster's said...

I had a good laugh out of the get-to-know Kelly! Those are all so true - believe that when they come from his favorite sister - you did forget to mention his favorite sister and sibling is Nani!:) Also as Walter would say - he's was born in Samoan and wishes he was Samoan. :) Love you all!

Bonnie said...

What a fun list to learn more about Kelli.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Love your list! I am with Merilee... what is the story of the drunk dude in Warm Springs.

Darilyn said...

Please, please, please find and post a picture of Kelly in that tuxedo with the mustache. I've just got to see that.

sheila said...

That's quite the last name he has going on! His road rage scares me a little bit. I just got mad at Hayden last week for sticking her tongue out at somebody that wronged us while driving. Hello, Kelly might be out there!!
The prom king was quite the visual and I had to laugh at his advice for you. I need to not say everything that pops into my head also!!