Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Maika!



Six years ago, I had this little cutie! I was thinking about what our life was like six years ago, and these are some things I can remember:

  1. I just finished my job cleaning the temple at nights. (That was a hard job! I don't care WHO'S toilets they were, they were still toilets! Plus I was doing it pregnant)
  2. I had an amazing Visiting Teacher. Thanks Darilyn!
  3. I soooo wanted to have this baby!
  4. On the way to pick up my mom from the airport the OB nurse called to cancel my induction because it was too crowded at the hospital.
  5. Maika knew she better get here! I went into labor on my own and showed up at the hospital the same time I was supposed to get there for my induction. The nurse looked at me like, "Hello, didn't you get our call? We don't have room for you!" I was like, "Hello, I'm in labor here!"
  6. On the way to the hospital Kelly asked if we could stop at McDonald's so he could get something to eat. I was like, "Hello, I'm in labor here!" He still gets teased about this and it's now a funny, cute memory.
  7. When I first saw Maika I couldn't believe how much hair she had. I thought I had given birth to a little Navajo baby! Kelly thinks that's where all his hair went.
  8. Maika was my biggest baby weighing in at almost nine pounds. Logan barely weighed six. Believe me, I felt the difference!
  9. We were and are still are so happy we have Maika!

Maika is the family comedienne! She is always thinking of others, especially her sister, Logan! If we are out doing something during the day and Logan is at school, Maika always makes sure we get a treat for Logan too. She keeps us laughing. Whether it's her booty-shaking renditions to Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back", or her funny way of saying things. We love this girl and hope she has a very happy birthday!

14 comments:

Merilee said...

Happy birthday Maika. It's sounds like you are very loved.

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Maika! I remember your pregnant temple cleaning days and driving home with you puking out the door on the red lights. Hmm good memories!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maika!

What fun memories, thanks for sharing them. I love the hospital stories :)

Darilyn said...

Wow, I can't believe that much time has passed. I remember that time so well. I remember you working at the temple, you being sick and being your visiting teacher. I remember when Maika was born and she was so beautiful. (she still is) Such good memories.

Tiffini said...

Happy Birthday Maika! She is such a beautiful girl.

Jodi said...

"Hello, I am in labor here!"...you seriously make me giggle! I enjoyed hearing about your pregnancy and labor with Maika!

Happy Day, Birthday Girl!! We love ya :)

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Maika!! You are a beautiful girl and I hope you had a FANTASTIC day!!

Nicole said...

Maika is such a beautiful girl! She can make anyone crack up, that's true! What fun memories you shared.

Shannon b said...

Happy Birthday Maika! She is SUCH a cute little girl!

Lisa said...

I can't believe she is already 6! I remember seeing her for the first time when she was about 9 months old and thinking she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen...Happy Birthday Maika!

Lisa said...

Maika is such a cutie and that McDonalds story is classic!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Happy Birthday Maika!

Kelli said...

That was a wonderful tribute to your daughter and your memories. Thanks for sharing them with us.

sheila said...

Happy Birthday Maika! She is a sweet little girl!
I love that you still ended up at the hospital. If they had canceled an induction on me, Nazi pregnant woman would have come out. (Thankfully I have never had a scheduled induction....or an almost 9 pound baby!)