
These are our good friends Jared and Chelsea...they have four darling kids: Payton, Tate, Cohen, and Tessa. Over Thanksgiving weekend we were able to see something wonderful happen for them!

Last Spring, Payton was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on his optical nerve. It's been a whirlwind for their family since then, with chemo, doctors appointments, brain surgery, and just the stress of having a sick child. When this all started, the twins, Cohen and Tessa were just around 7 months old. I can't imagine the work of twins, and potty training a two-year old, then adding cancer treatments to the mix! Jared and Chelsea are both so strong and faithful. I know they have a wonderful support system of family, neighbors and friends...but they are truly Super
Heroes!

That's why it was so nice to be there on this special night. The
Make A Wish Foundation wanted Payton to be their Guest of Honor to kick of their
Season of Wishes. He waved his magic wand and lit the Christmas Tree in the Pearl District. Then it was time for his wish to be granted...A week at Disney World with his mom, dad, and little brother, Tate. A break from the babies for Jared and Chelsea because grandma is coming to town to watch them. A week of worry-free fun! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more! Love you guys!
4 comments:
What a great story and thank you for sharing it. It is nice to hear things like this and know how amazing people are to donate things for people so deserving. I'm very happy for them.
We are sad we missed it but can't wait to hear about Disney World!!!
That is really sweet, and I am sorry your friends have to experience such a tough obstacle.
Wow, how nice is this to come home to. I was just catching up on my blog reading and found this post. You guys are the best friends anyone can ask for. Friends like you make challenges bearable. THANK YOU!!! I will post about the trip as soon as my brain returns from Florida. Love you!
Post a Comment