We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year spent with Jeremy and Rochelle and their family. It's so nice to have "family" when you are away from family!
It was a pretty low-key day for me, as my only assignment for dinner was my stuffing. I read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak (you all should read this book!) for a good part of the morning.
After dinner with all the usual yummy fixings, the afternoon was spent going through the newspaper adds for Black Friday. I'm a Black Friday first timer, you know. After carefully compiling our lists, clipping coupons and determining what stores to hit we went home and hit the sack.
2:45 am comes around fast! That's right, 2:45 in the freaking middle of the night! We were off to Kohl's and the good deals. The thing that really surprises me about this whole craze is the amount of grumps out there! Why in the world do you get up and go and then complain about the crowds, and long lines? Hello? If the line was wrapped around the parking lot just to get into the store, it's surely going to take awhile to get out of the store.
After Kohl's we went to Fred Meyer for their famous sock sale. Kmart for some good deals on toys. IHOP for a breakfast breather. Target for DVDs. Walgreen's for some crayon deals. Then, back where we started, Kohl's. Rochelle decided she needed to take advantage of one more deal she overlooked earlier. So, after a marathon day of shopping and being out for 12 hours...we were home by 2:30 in the afternoon with 98% of our Christmas shopping completed! Yay!
Nap time.
I'll do it again next year. The savings and deals were totally worth the crowds and lack of sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Rochelle broke me into the Black Friday excitement a few years ago too! I have to admit that I was at Walmart at a time that seemed unnatural, but dang the deals were so worth it! Glad you had fun!
love love love the book thief! I just finished it now it's on my top ten.
way to brave the crowds!
Black Friday is a Halliday Tradition! We've been involved in a few brawls...that's a story for another day. Isn't it crazy! But oh so worth it!! Hope you had a really good resty when you got home! Ihop is a must for breakfast on Black Friday too! Glad you had a good holiday!! ...oh and thanks for the book recommendation I have been reading crappy books lately!
I missed Black Friday this year. I have mixed feelings about it. I guess I just have to find some really good deals to get my behind out of bed.
Sounds like fun. I used to do Black Friday in the NW but out here it is a little too insane. People head to Walmart at midnight and stand by the pallets until they get unwrapped at 5am. Too much for me. I went at 8am and got the one thing I was hoping for so it worked for me this year.
Happy Thanksgiving...Nathele and I are half wayers...we didn't get up til 6:30. You know how Utahns are...horrible! They are hardcore wait in line outside the stores and they are so grouchy...we we went later...some good deals still:) love you guys!
I have still never braved Black Friday, but everyone who does swears by it! Sounds like you had a great day!
I've always been a fan of black Friday. This year I went out here in Utah. (we are still here) I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. It sounds very relaxing.
Well you know in Blanding going to Alco in the morning of black friday I was so shopped out. te he he
I love "The book Thief"! I think it was one of my favorites this year. Glad you were able to make some major scores on Friday.
Nice. I'm not sure I could do a Black Friday marathon dealing with the crowds for 12 hours. One stop is more than enough for me. That's why I send Paul!
Wow, you were brave girl! Just seeing the trafic on the way into town (Todd was having shoulder surgery that day and we had to leave extra early to work around the traffic) reminded me why I never have wanted to go! It's crazyiness :) But I'm glad you had fun and got some great deals -- and survived to tell us all about it!
Jealous!! Black Friday has been a favorite of mine for years and I'm sad to have missed it this year. Glad you got some good steals!
I love Black Friday too! The deals are totally worth it. I hit Fred Meyer for their killer clothes sell for kids.
Wow, 12 hours of shopping-you have some stamina, girl. Or shall we call it "inner strength"?
Post a Comment