Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Secret to my Success

I love Sunday afternoons! Mostly, because I look forward to taking naps. With four kids running around, it's a little hard sometimes. I'll be laying there ready to fall asleep and I'll hear any one or combination of the following: arguing, doors slamming, or TV programs on way too loud!
When I'm trying to fall asleep and can't I start getting really grumpy! I'll have you know that I found a remedy. Now I don't have to hear the kids and they don't have to see me grumpy and hear me yelling at them to be quiet. This remedy only works when Kelly is home, (can you imagine the mayhem if there wasn't another adult in the house?) but it works like a charm. I highly recommend it!
Ear plugs. The soft squishy kind that form to your ear. I slept like a log. Kelly actually came into the room wondering how I could sleep through all the noise, until he saw these little pieces of genius stuffed into my ears.

16 comments:

Toshia said...

I think that is awesome! Enjoy your naps when you get them:)

Shay said...

Good idea! I am glad you got to take a break in peace...

Darilyn said...

good for you!

melandriley said...

Those things drive me crazy. I feel like my ears need to pop the whole time I have them in. I had to wear them at a Monster truck show, and a couple of other times. I'm glad they worked for you though.

Lisa said...

Amen to the Sunday naps! But I can't wear ear plugs, even the sift squishy kind. For some reason they drive me crazy. Fortunately if I know someone else is in charge (Shawn), I can sleep through the noise!

sheila said...

I think that I would have a hard time with having something in my ears, but anything is worth a try for an afternoon nap!

Jodi said...

I've had success a time or two with earplugs! But I agree...it has to be when hubby is home. What did Kelly say when he realized you had earplugs in? You better hide them...he may want to use them next Sunday :)

Shannon b said...

great idea! Maybe next year for Mother's Day the youth should hand out ear plugs instead of geraniums. ;)

Merilee said...

OOh, I like that idea!

Marie said...

I'm glad they work for you - I've tried them before and they just bug me. (Mine were purple - maybe I should try yellow next time!!)

Rochelle said...

Congrats on naps!

marcia said...

they also work wonders on snoring husbands! I'm glad you're getting a Sunday nap, they're the best! How did Nalani do with her shots? It was good talking to you. Miss you and love you.

Anonymous said...

Clever! May have to try that sometime :)

Autumn said...

Honestly there is nothing better than a long sunday nap!! It's a requirment at my house! Love that idea! I think I'll try it!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You are a genius my friend!!! I have some of those and will be trying them out on Sunday.

Amber said...

You. Are. Brilliant!!! Those will be on my must try list!