Monday, October 13, 2008

A Quick Get-a-way

*I'm a big loser and forgot my camera at home*

Last Wednesday I left for a quick trip to Utah. My mom got remarried after being widowed eight years ago. She found a really good guy and is on the move to the Arizona heat:)

I left my kids in the care of my great friends and was off (Kelly was on a work trip). My mom and Gary picked me up from the airport, along with my aunt and Gary's brother who also flew in around the same time. Then, we were off to my grandparent's house to visit and eat and get some sleep. Thursday morning we went to the Timpanogas Temple, where my grandpa is a sealer, for the wedding. Afterwards we ate some so-so Mexican food and decorated the car, then the newlyweds were off to Park City for the beginning of their honeymoon.

I spent the rest of my time at my sister Melanie's house. Thursday night we were able to go to a pre-season Jazz game and had great 5th row seats! They played the Suns and lost, but it was still fun. Shaq is a big guy! It was fun to be able to hang out with Jesse, Mel, and Riley.

Friday we went to SLC for some shopping with my aunt Colleen, and my little sister Rachel. The shopping was so-so, but the company was great! That night Jesse came up to stay at Mel's too and we stayed up late talking about old times and funny memories. Jesse has the best memory I've ever witnessed! But, he also remembers the most random, weird events that I guess, I've tried to block out:)

Saturday we went to Park City to say goodbye to my mom, Gary and Jesse before I had to go to the airport. The place they stayed was amazing! It normally goes for $3,000/night so it better be amazing. Good thing Jesse has the hook-ups! I think it would be fun to stay there during the Sun Dance Film Festival and go star-gazing (hint, hint!).

I had a great time. Not too long, just long enough for everybody to start missing each other again:) Thanks Kelly,for arranging it! It's nice to have a traveling husband and only have to pay $5 for a trip because of all the frequent flier miles. Thanks to Rochelle, Candy and Jodi for watching my brood! I know you got more than you bargained for:)

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats to your mom, that's great! Sounds like you had a great time!

Kayela said...

That is so awesome for your mom. I really like her a lot. Where in Arizona is she moving to?

Amber said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go! What a cool thing, and congrats to your mom!

Shay said...

Congratulations to your mom. It is really cool you can be there for her. Where in AZ is she moving to? Now, is a great time to come out here because the weather has cooled down FINALLY!

Autumn said...

So bummed you forgot your camera!! Congratulations to your mom!! Maybe we'll meet up in Arizona some time visiting our moms..

Oh...and I'm in on the star gazing at the film festival if Jesse hooks you up...right???

Darilyn said...

What a great get away. I'm glad you got to do that. And i'm glad you have such great friends that can help you like that.

Jodi said...

I'm so glad you got to go and spend some time with your family and witness such an important moment in your mom's life! Glad I was able to help :)

Rochelle said...

I'm glad you went! I love the late nights with family and all the belly laughs old stories provide!
I'm also so happy for your mom! Congrats to her and her lucky man!

melandriley said...

It was fun having you here. I bet your kids and Kelly are happy to have you home.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I am glad you got to go see the family. Sounds like a nice breather. 3000.00 dollars a night?WHAT!!! That is insane, I am so intrigued to know what the heck kind of place that is that can charge that kind of rate. Glad you are home safe.

Nicole said...

Congrats to your Mom, I really like her! What a great get away. Like you said, long enough, but not too long :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to your mom. It sounds like you had a great time.

Morkthefied said...

Where was this so-so mexican food? I was guessing that since you've been in the Northwest, any Mexican food south of Boise would be pretty good to y'all.

KerrieLeigh said...

Congrats to your mom, that's awesome! Sounds like a fun, quick trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a fun little get away! Short yet sweet :)

Lisa said...

What a great trip!! Yeah for frequent flyer miles and great friends. :)