We made it to Utah and spent the night at Auntie Jo's and Uncle Jason's house. The next morning we visited Auntie Nani and Auntie Belle for a few minutes and then dropped Kelly off at work, he decided to work in Utah for a few days. I was off to Jackson with the kids. My mom has a time-share there so we met up with my side of the family for about five days.
The kids loved to play together at the pool, in the park or riding their bikes together. They got some mean games of "Old Maid" going on Grandma's window bed. We ate like royalty. My mom's friend, Gary, is an awesome cook.The first few days we just played around at the pool. My brother Jesse came up on Wednesday so we saved the fun stuff for when he could come. Thursday we made it to Yellowstone. It was beautiful as always! I did manage to lock my keys in the truck, which was a pain in the butt, but the guys were resourceful and got it unlocked with the antennae. Note to self: Call Ford and get the key code! It would have been nice to know!!
On Friday my mom and Gary stayed home with all seven grand kids and took them swimming while Jesse, Mel, Riley, and me went river rafting on the Snake River. It was too high and swift for kids under 10. We had a great time and the rapids had me really scared, but we made it through without going in the water! I realized I've become a major wuss in my old age. I honestly about cried when we made it through the first 10 foot wave! Honestly.On Saturday we packed up and headed back to Utah. We stopped to let the kids watch rafts go through the rapids "Lunch Counter" on the way. I think they were relieved they got to go miniature golfing with Uncle Riley instead of rafting after the second raft we watched got tipped over and people were floating down the river!

When we got back to Auntie Mel's the kids had fun playing on the trampoline. Then Auntie Rachel, Brandon, Lauren, and Zoe (the dog) came to visit for a few hours. It was fun to see everyone!

When we got back to Auntie Mel's the kids had fun playing on the trampoline. Then Auntie Rachel, Brandon, Lauren, and Zoe (the dog) came to visit for a few hours. It was fun to see everyone!I took the kids back down to Auntie Nani's to spend the night and I went to pick Kelly up from the SLC airport at 10:30 pm. We made it back to Nani's house and had a good time visiting with them and prepared for Phase Two of our trip. Moccasin, Arizona. To be posted soon.
17 comments:
Looks like an amazing trip! I think I would have cried on that raft trip too!
We went rafting 2 weeks ago and I feel the same way. I am such a wuss now! Had fun, but who knows if I would do it again!
How very much fun it looks like everyone had and the rafting part looked really fun!
Jackson Hole is going to become a yearly tradition for you guys! I'm glad your home but I'm glad you had so much fun!
looks like so much fun! I went rafting last year & was sooo nervous -- when we got to the rapids I just plowed my paddle in and didn't look up! It ended up being fun, but I know I would've cried had I ended up in the river. :)
I haven't been river rafting in so long. I love it! Sounds like you guys made the most of every minute you had on your vacation. Fun!!!
What a fun trip. Those rapids are huge. I would have been scared too. With as much rafting as Chris and I do I still get scared almost every single time.
You guys packed so much into your trip! I'm so glad you had so much fun! I loved seeing all of your pictures of 'phase 1'! I almost cried looking at your pictures of the rapids! SCARY! I think we're all wussier as parents becaue we worry about who is going to take care and love our kids when we DROWN!! Can't wait for the next phases to come...Oh and your mom looks so great!
How FUN! I think my white water rafting days are done. You are a brave soul!
We had so much fun with your family. To bad you couldn't have stayed a week longer and came to Macy's baptism and see all of the family you missed this last trip.
We had so much fun with your family. To bad you couldn't have stayed a week longer and came to Macy's baptism and see all of the family you missed this last trip.
Thanks for coming to Jackson with us. I think we all had a great time togther. It's so fun watching the cute cousins playing together. Glad you had such a good time on your phase 2 & 3 vacation too. We'll see you all next week...yeah!
Love you all.
I am glad you made it home. I love Jackson Hole. I can't wait fot the next phase of pictures.
What a fun trip! I've wanted to try rafting but on a river rated 1 or 2. I thought you looked mighty tan yesterday!
I too am a big fan of Old Maid :) When I read the part about your keys being locked I was thinking, call Onstar, then I remembered you were in Kelly's truck. What a fun trip! I want to go rafting too.
As I was reading this I was wishing I was there with you! Everything from Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, white water rafting...looks like too much fun! Glad you had such a great phase 1!
We went river rafting in Durango and we LOVED it!
Post a Comment