Moccasin: The next phase of our trip was to visit Kelly's mom and family. On this phase of our trip I discovered two new favorite road-trip-snacks! Dill Pickle flavored sun-flower seeds, and Blue Diamond "Wasabi and Soysauce" flavored almonds...yummy!
Grandma Winna is always a terrific hostess! Although, I'm a little grateful we don't live closer to her...I would weigh 300 pounds being tempted by her yummy "Winna-mon" rolls and homemade doughnuts! They are to die for, and I ate waaaaay too many!!
The kids had a great time helping grandma in the kitchen, riding the horse of a friend (Logan so wishes she were a cow-girl!), playing with cousins in the yard, and basically doing anything they wanted because it's such a tiny town:) Of course, it's tradition for Auntie Jennie to "do" everyone's toes cute when we're around her. Even Kelly and Bronson got in on the fun:)As I mentioned before, we towed our boat All-The-Way-Down-There, so we had to take advantage of Sand Hollow, near St. George. It was a beautiful little lake and the HOT weather and water temps. were perfect! One of the best days ever on our boat! Bronson found his courage and started jumping off the swim platform with no help. He would just pop out of the water and kick over to the ladder, climb up and do it again, over and over and over! He slept for 14 hours straight when we got home that night.

On one of the days we borrowed a huge blow-up swimming pool/water slide. The kids had a blast and it kept them entertained for hours! Grandma, Kelly, Auntie Jennie, Uncle Mitch, and I had to take our turns too. I think those things are geared for the smaller members of the family:)

We ate like royalty on this phase of our vacation too. The first night there, Uncle Anson and crew had an awesome BBQ with ribs, steak, chicken, sausages, salads and everything else yummy under the sun! We had so much fun seeing our family. Maika had such a hard time leaving! She cried until we got to Page, AZ. and as soon as she heard grandma's voice on the phone she started all over again. Sometimes it's so hard to live far away from family! We are grateful we got to spend time with you all and love you very much! Thanks for everything!!
Up next, Phase 3! Blanding, UT
13 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you towed your boat all they way out there but sounds like it was worth it!
I am really hungry now! This phase looked like tons of fun too. It really is hard living far from family.
How fun! I want some rolls - I want to have a cook to cook the ymmuy rolls:)
Oh man I want some doughnuts! I would have definitely gone down the slide too. Sounds like so much fun!
What FUN! I don't think I would be able to resist the blowup water slide or the winni-mons either!
What a great trip! Can't wait to hear about part 3. :) I love how tan your kids look in the pictures!
Lisa W!
I love hearing about the food you eat with your family. My family likes food too. As in we decide we want to do something and next on the agenda is "what are we going to eat?" I laughed out loud at the beginning of your post because I just discovered those almonds at our family reunion. I took one handful and then another and then another. I wasn't sure which cousin of mine they belonged to but I think I owe them a container. I hear you can get them at Costco. And this spring Merilee introduced me to the dill pickle sunflower seeds. Oh so good. I think I know what we need for treats at book club this month.
That looked like so much fun! I'm so glad you guys got to spend so much time with Kelly's family. Poor Maika! That reminds me of when I was little...I would always cry all the way home from Phoenix because I didn't want to leave my Grandma! :( Never tried the dill pickle sunflower seeds...sounds yummy! Can't wait for Phase III!
Sounds like a great trip...we just got back from the Grand Canyon. We drove through Page just last week. I wonder if we passed on the freeway!
Welcome home! That's great that you have gotten to see so much family this summer. I love all the pictures!
I think it's awesome you all went down the water slide. And I wouldn't want to leave either, not with Winna's good cookin and fun lovin!!!
I am eagerly awaiting your blanding post as it is the most I'll get for the next two years. Alaska is just soooo far away! My kids cry so often when grandma and granpa leave I think it's almost a reflex!
Oh man...Winnie's Cinnamon rolls sound devine! When is she coming for a visit? ;)
Post a Comment