Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Quiet please! Quiet on the set!"

As I'm sure most of you know, my little town was taken by storm for the last couple of weeks. Taken over by Hollywood. Part of the filming of "Twilight" took place here! It was fun to drive by Bella's house to see if we could see anything. It was fun to see all the trailers, trucks, cars and people it took to make it happen. It was fun to see a book that me, and so many of my friends have read and enjoyed and then some! We all knew what stuff was supposed to look like in our heads, it was fun to see what "they" would do with it! I think everything was pretty good, except I must admit, I was a little disappointed in Edward's car!
Then something really, really good happened. My friend Rochelle won a contest from a local radio station and the prize was VIP treatment on the set of Twilight, with my friend Paige.
That night, me and some of my other friends decided to head downtown to see if we could see anything exciting. We were perched on an ancient fire escape on the side of an ancient building, but hey, we had a good view! Or so we thought.
A friend from our ward who is a local cop, and was hired for extra security on the set came to our ancient fire escape and told us that he'd 'hooked us up'. What?? So we all stealthily climb over the people on the way down the fire escape and start winding our way down to the set. We were getting dirty looks from all the crew, and I felt like we were so lucky, because we were definitely NOT supposed to be there! A guy named T. Coe came over and introduced himself and gave us a play by play of what they were doing. We had a front row view of the action. The scene was when Bella was being attacked by some frat boys in Port Angeles.
After about two hours of being on set with some of my favorite friends, they came and told us they were getting ready to break for lunch (at 12:30 AM), but that we could stay if we wanted, because the next scene was going to be a car chase. Um, thanks, but I had to chaperone a certain little someone on a field trip bright and early the next morning:) Plus, it was starting to snow a little bit and everyone started to worry about frost bitten toes and fingers. We told him thanks for such a wonderful experience, but that we probably wouldn't be back. We were talking to a camera guy and telling him how lucky we felt, and he said we should feel lucky, because he's never seen people let that close to the filming on the set!
We weren't allowed to take pictures, but some of my friends got some great ones! Go to their blogs! For other versions of this story, you can check them out. Jodi, Jenn, and Nicole. That was a fun girl's night out!

16 comments:

Amber said...

How very cool! You guys have inspired me to go buy these books so that I can see what all the hype is about! I'm outta the loop!

Darilyn said...

what a fun night.

Rochelle said...

It's neat to read everyone's thoughts, it makes me realize how much I left out. Well maybe not I did post on this like a billion times! LOL! I have a huge smile right now, thinking of that night!

KerrieLeigh said...

Sounds like so much fun. Doesn't the sneaking around take you back to your teenage years? :)

sheila said...

It's fun to read eberybody's different perspectives!

Nicole said...

I agree with Rochelle that it's fun to hear everybody's thoughts on that night. I wish it wasn't over because all of the hype was fun!

Autumn said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds like so much fun! It almost makes me feel famous to have friends that are so "in" with the whole movie thing! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I might start reading the books...

Unknown said...

How fun, and to share it with friends is even better.

Jodi said...

What a special night...made even more fun because we were together with such a fun group of friends!
Your title makes me giggle. I can still hear them shouting "Quiet please!"

melandriley said...

You should have called me and I would have flown out there for the night. Maybe not but it would have been fun.

KerrieLeigh said...

Aundrea-
Sorry to be off the topic of your post, but I was wondering where the heck Nickie is. I haven't seen that girl in so long and just wondering how she is. Thought you might know since you are related and all. :)

Lisa said...

Man, you all are having so much fun with this - so cool!

KerrieLeigh said...

Aundrea-
Thanks for the info. If you have an address or e-mail for her, I would prefer to do that. I don't want to scare her by calling her out of the blue. I haven't seen her in years! My e-mail is chris2082@comcast.net. Thanks a lot!

mags said...

That should win some kind of girls night out award! I read Twilight a couple years ago, doesn't it make you fill 15 again?

Lorna said...

Sounds like fun. What a neat experience to the filming of a movie...