I recently saw a British Airways commercial on TV and it brought back some fun memories. It was filmed in different parts of the world, but specifically in the Lake Powell area and also Dead Horse Point, near Moab. When I was in the 8th grade a bunch of schools from my neck of the woods were "hired" to be in this commercial. I remember we were all so excited to get out of school for a few days. We thought it would be easy and so much fun. It was. It also squelched all dreams of ever wanting to be an actress. I could not believe how long it took to shoot this thing! We were out in the desert, just north of Moab, Utah. We had to get up early for the 1 1/2 hour bus ride to the shoot. Stay all day out in the dust. Practice, practice, practice. Then ride the bus home for 1 1/2 hours. I hope the schools got a lot of money from it! All we got were some sweats and a sack lunch everyday;) The section we were in is at the very end of the commercial with the face that smiles and winks and then turns into a picture of the world. I was in some part of the eye, because I remember my sweats were blue. Anyway I thought this was fun, and it really is true that you can find almost anything on You tube:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I can't watch it. It's not working. Can you just post the link to it? Did I tell you that last spring break we camped at Dead Horse Point? We loved it there. It snowed on us. Crazy huh? I have some cool pictures I'll have to show you sometime. I also remember you telling me about doing this commercial. Child labor huh?
That cracks me up! So much for the glamorous life.
Were you on the bus with Kari Spillman when the bus driver backed us off the road into a big ditch taking her home. Oh the memories
Thanks for that memorie. It really did suck. we all thought it would be so cool, little did we know we would all starve to death. If I remeber right the sack lunches were gross? But we can all say were in a commerical.
I was on that bus!!! I had completely forgotten about that. That food was horrible. Good times.
That was awesome! I'm so glad you posted this...how fun to see it again after all of these years! I was part of the lips! That was seriously a lot of work! So much for the Hollywood life huh! I remember my favorite part of the whole thing being the bus rides to and from Moab with all of the cute highschool boys! :)
It's neat to see how many of you participated in that! That is way cool that you found the commercial!
That is pretty cool. What a neat experience! I hear you about getting back to a workout routine. I really need to figure one out. Good luck!
I don't know if I have ever really seen that commercial. I actually had forgoten about it! Now I have another story to tell my kids. They will think it is so cool that their mom was in a commercial!:) Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Post a Comment