Sunday, April 6, 2008

No more sleeping in

Last week at around 6:30 am Kelly and I could hear Bronson in his room, so Kelly started to head in to get him out of his crib only to have the door open and Bronson walk out with a sly grin on his face! He is the first kid to ever try to escape, so this is all new for us. His body clock must automatically wake him at 6 am. Every morning I hear his door open and close, then I hear him shuffling down the hall. When I go looking for him, he's always standing at the top of our stairs looking through the railing, out the window with his thumb stuck in his mouth holding his blankie. Now we're wondering if he always woke up this early, but got bored and fell back to sleep. I have to admit that it's kind of fun because I'm usually awake at this time, and he's still a little sleepy so he'll just let me snuggle with him:)



Last week I set up our camera in his room to see how he does it. I had to come in and rescue him because his armpit got hung up on the railing:) So far there have been no accidents. Knock on wood! He is definitely our little Houdini Boy! Sorry about the sound, it's kind of scratchy.

22 comments:

sheila said...

That was too funny. He is really graceful about getting out. Olivia still has no desire to get out of her crib, but I just imagine her falling to the ground and breaking her arm. This definitely makes me feel better. He must have been practicing a lot!

Paige said...

Oh, man. None of my kids have ever climbed out of their cribs -- yet. I don't think we'll be having Bronson over for playdates anytime soon -- I don't need him teaching Jaren any tricks!

Michelle said...

That's a little boy for you! When Grayson was that age he was so daring that way that we had to have him sleep on a twin mattress on the floor. Then we wouldn't worry about him landing on the hard wood floors

Autumn said...

Too funny! He is so tricky! I only had one that climbed out....Time for a big boy bed Mommy! Dang!

Unknown said...

That is great. It is true time for a big boy bed. yuck!!

Kelli said...

Oh please don't let Kasey do that. He wakes up even earlier than Bronson!

Tiffini said...

Ethan's first try landed him on his head and he never tried again. Zach didn't want to put the effort into it and Wyatt was too chubby. Sorry I can't relate.
But hey, at least you get some snuggle time with him.

Darilyn said...

I love that you are laughing at the end.

Amber said...

The first two girls did that at about ten months! I freaked! We just put the crib mattress on the floor because we were worried about them falling out and getting hurt. We didn't even mess with a crib with the last one. Playpen walls are much higher!

marcia said...

I've watched this video at least 10 times today..so cute! If there's a will, there's a way.

Lisa said...

You are so clever to set up a camera! He is SO cute!

If you are still interested in keeping him in a crib, we used a crib-tent with Landon for about a year (as he was climbing out at 15 months and getting NO sleep). Crib tent was a life saver for us!!

Shannon b said...

oh man, that is no fun! I love the camera footage though, what a great idea!

melandriley said...

He's pretty dang cute!

KerrieLeigh said...

All of my kids were escapees. We ended up with toddler beds so early. Looks like you are in the same boat. Cute!

Marci said...

That is so funny! I would opt for a crib tent instead of a big boy bed! Keep them contained for as long as possible!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

My, My he is pretty good at that...looks like he has been practicing for awhile. :0)

Nicole said...

Oh no! Hopefully he won't figure out how to escape out of the house any time soon!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Leave it to your only boy and last child to figure that out! Sly like his Dad!! He is so dang big and so dang cute!!

Jodi said...

So cool that you got it on video! Ben never attempted to do that...but Meg seems to be a climber. Time will tell :)

Rochelle said...

I love this video, Bronson is so funny! Little Rocky! I can hear him screaming when he is stuck in his crib "Addrriiaan!"

Michelle said...

I laughed through the whole thing! I love watching kids doing naughty things...as long as they aren't mine. Bronson is so stinkin' cute! Who wouldn't want to snuggle with him...

Jenni said...

Bronson and Max are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum. Max gets out of his crib, also. We even moved the mattress to the lowest it would go and he still climbs out! What the heck are we going to do now? I have to lock him in his room, and usually he'll just climb back in and go to sleep! I'm pretty sure that Bronson and Max would be BEST friends and the world better watch out! :)