Logan is such a good little helper to me! She is pretty patient with her little brother and sisters, and is usually the one to remind me to be more patient with them, "they're just little kids," she says.:) She seriously tries to keep me in line, although I'm I pretty tough case! Like the picture shows, she even lets Bronson sit on her lap when she's practicing the piano. Bronson is her little buddy. He wakes up the earliest and she takes him downstairs to eat breakfast with her.This past weekend was monumental. I was feeling overwhelmed and a bit like a maid to my kids. I feel like they were having a hard time doing their chores or even simply picking up their dirty clothes to put them in the hamper. I felt like their mindset was, "oh well, Mom will get tired of asking us and do it herself sooner or later." I decided that Logan was old enough to learn to clean the bathrooms. Good. She was actually very excited about learning and donned the rubber gloves happily. I told her the routine and she did a great job! She cleaned the kid's bathroom and the downstairs bathroom just as good as if I had done it myself!
I praised her for her good work and sent her to a movie with some friends. I told her to get her favorite movie treat, ice cream bon bons, to reward herself. I think she was very proud of her work, I even heard her get after Maika this morning for leaving her dirty clothes on the floor of the bathroom:)
I'm thankful for Logan and the sweet, tender-hearted little girl that she is. I enjoy watching her grow-up and mature. I'm grateful to be her mom. I love you Logan, thanks for all you do for me!
*On another note: Kelly was also bitten by the Cleaning Bug! This weekend he: washed all the baseboards downstairs, did a major Costco run with Maika and Nalani in tow, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floor, fixed the baseboards in the kitchen, cooked Sunday dinner, and took me out to dinner! Does he know the way to a girl's heart or what??
19 comments:
Logan is so pretty, she sounds like an amazing girl. Wow and what a great husband!!
She is a beautiful girl! I had never thought of teaching Camry to clean the bathrooms! That is this weekends job for sure! :) Seriously how lucky are you that Kelly is so great! Bryan wouldn't even know where we keep the mop!!
I need a bug like that to bite my husband!
Logan sounds like a great kid. You are very lucky!
She's such a neat kid! Do you think she'd come clean my bathrooms if I gave her money for movie candy? The boys just aren't interested.
I always tell you that Logan reminds me of you! You were awesome like that when you were growing up too. She really is a sweetheart. What a great husband you have too. You're one blessed girl. love ya!
Logan is a beautiful girl...inside and out. She is such a wonderful big sister (love the shot of her and Bronson on the piano)! We have seen her in action and can't wait till she is babysitting age ;)
PS...Kelly cleaned the baseboards??? Can he teach Jamie???
What a sweet post, I loved how you described what a good big sister she is. And I'm glad that she is at an age where she can help out a bit, too! That makes it so much easier on us moms, especially those days where we do feel like a maid :)
Logan is such a cute girl! And she is an awesome big sister. I love watching her tell stories about the other kids, she's like a proud little mama bear herself. And can you catch that bug that bit Kelly, put it in a jar and send it home with Tyler?
Thanks!
You are raising some great kids there. And it sound like Kelly is a great example of what a loving husband is, too. I hope Nalani is feeling better this afternoon!
What a sweet heart! Logan is such a wonderful girl and an awesome example to her siblings and all of us.
Do the baseboards need to be cleaned?
It's great when your kids become aware of how they can help and when they "get it". What a nice big sister Logan is! And if more guys really knew what they do for us when they do some cleaning...well, I think the guys would add themselves to the kid's chorelist!
Can Logan come to my house? You can send Kelly too, my baseboards need to be cleaned and Tim has finals. I will send them back as soon as they finish the chores--promise.
I remember I thought it was fun to clean the bathrooms when I first learned, then it turned into a weekly chore. Now I can't wait until my kids are old enough. What a good girl Logan is.
I am most impressed that he took Maika and Nailani with him to Costco! I love having Hayden around to help me out, too!
What a sweet girl. I got McKenna cleaning the bathrooms this last summer. It is very nice to have a break from stuff like that every once in a while. It sounds like I need some how to get your husband to clean and take the kids shopping tips!!
What did you do to deserve such a treat? I want to do it so I can get the same fun work done around here! It is fun when the kids start to do their own chores.
Post a Comment