
A few weeks ago, Logan asked if we could plant a garden this summer. We told her that we could if the kids promised to help weed and take care of it. So, this weekend was beautiful, warm (almost hot), sunny weather. We (mostly me) decided it was a good weekend to get the yard in order, and to get a spot ready to plant a garden. Kelly thought it would have been a good weekend to de-winterize the boat and go out for a ride. He was nice and let me get my way. Especially since he would be doing most of the work.

Now all we have to do is actually plant the garden. I don't think this will happen for a couple of weeks since the news said it is supposed to freeze this weekend. I guess that will give us plenty of time to decide what we want and how to do it. We're new at this whole gardening thing!
Kelly did have some good help. Bronson! He would not let Kelly out of his sight. He went on every trip to get a new load of rock, dirt, and Mt. Dew! At times Kelly would ask me to take Bronson in while he moved the truck, or something else he didn't need "help" with. You would've thought Bronson's world ended, having to watch through the window instead of being right by his daddy's side! I've been getting an unsolicited break from Bronson lately. He doesn't want me, so Kelly has to do pretty much everything with/for him:) It's pretty traumatic for Bronson in the mornings when he realizes Kelly is at work and he has to spend the whole day with me!

We got most of the work done. Kelly got the wall built, and boarders put around the flower beds. Jeremy even came and aerated our lawn for us, and the girls and I raked up all the 'poop' from the lawn. We ended the day with a yummy BBQ of burgers, baked beans, and pasta salad. The kids all loved being able to play outside and the new wall made a perfect place to sit while they ate:)




Now all we have to do is actually plant the garden. I don't think this will happen for a couple of weeks since the news said it is supposed to freeze this weekend. I guess that will give us plenty of time to decide what we want and how to do it. We're new at this whole gardening thing!
**The picture of Bronson and Kelly in the little tractor if from when we were in AZ helping Grandma with her rock wall. Our operation didn't warrant a tractor, I just forgot to take a picture of Bronson following Kelly around that day!
19 comments:
Your yard looks beautiful!
Yard work and gardening is a lot of work but it is so fun to see and eat the finished product. Good luck with your garden.
That looks great! I can't wait to find ginormous zuchinis left on my doorstep in the middle of the night because you have too many to use. ;)
Your yard looks great!! When can you come and do mine?
Very nice! A garden will be fun to have.
We put in our garden (well some of it) last weekend too. You can plant carrots and peas right now. Well in Utah you can I'm not sure about where you live. Good luck with the garden.
Your garden is looking good! Did you know there's going to be a Garden Fair at the high school on the 26th? They're going to be selling plants and have other good info there.
Good Luck with your garden. We have learned a lot over the last few years with ours. We start our seeds in the house in little peat pots and then transfer them to the garden after letting them grow for a couple of weeks. We have had better luck with germination that way, since our spring weather tends to be on the cool side. You can plant carrots early and right out in the garden, they are a cool weather plant.
Yay! You're back! Your yard looks so great! I am so jealous of your green grass...it has been snowing all day at our house today! I love doing a garden, but I really hate pulling weeds...hope your kids don't get sick of helping after the first couple of weeks like mine do! :)
So cute that Kelly has a little mini-me shadow! The picture of the two of them on the tractor is great!
Let me know when you plant...I will definitely be over to help ;)
Is it okay to say that I am totally jealous? I want a garden so bad. I think that everything on my want list just has to wait until my kids are all in school all day. 6 years really isn't all that long, right? I love that our husbands are such good dad's. Right now, Olivia chooses Brian over me ANY day. I LOVE IT! The first thing she says in the morning is "Where daddy go?" When I tell her that he is at work, she gets sad and says "I need Daddy, Daddy miss me."
(Not as much as I miss Daddy when Olivia whines for him all day!)
Awesome job on your yard, you guys rock.
Nice wall! Kelly is good at building walls - Mom's looks good too!!! It's about time Kelly had a boy!!! Maybe you should try for one more boy!! :) And by the way - Logan you are awesome! You are such a sweet, obedient (at least to Aunty Nani), beautiful girl! (Your last post!) Love you guys!
I love how he is looking out the window...so sad.
Bronson at the window...so cute. Your yard looks great. Wish I was there to help. Love ya
I'm jealous of how much yard you do have. Here in Vancouver the yards are so tiny, I don't know if I could have a garden even if I wanted one! Good luck with your project.
You guys did a great job with your wall and such! Much better than I would have done. I would likely have gotten the rototiller and marked off a square that would seem big enough for a garden. Much uglier than yours, and Bronson is stinkin' cute!
I actually kind of like when the kids show a preference for Shawn, nice little break! : )
Your yard looks great by the way!
Oh, how I would LOVE to live in Oregon. Maybe someday? I want a garden, too. You'll have to teach me how you did it!
Oh, how I wish that Max would follow his dad around. He's pretty much a momma's boy and even tells his dad "NO" if Ster tries to take him from me. I secretly love it! :)
Lookin'Good! That is the perfect place for a garden. Love the picture of Kelly and Bronson.
Post a Comment