Monday, April 28, 2008

birthday highlights


Posted by Picasa

My day started off great. I woke up to Nalani climbing in bed with me and saying sweetly, "Happy birsday, Mamma." I love how she talks! I came down stairs to find some beautiful tulips and card from Kelly and the kids and then we headed out for breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised with some decent weather and decided to finish up prepping the garden plot. Kelly worked hard, and I hardly worked! I did manage to get some plants at the high school plant sale and then went to the local Feed and Seed store for the rest of my needs and some good advice.

It's always fun to have a birthday. I love getting calls and visits throughout the day and getting cards in the mail. My kids even tried to get along. I told them that's all I wanted for my birthday, not to have to listen to them argue over who left the clothes on the floor, or who made what mess!

By the time we finished with the yard we were ready for our dinner and movie plans with friends. When we went to pick them up, my plans were altered. They had planned a little surprise birthday party for me, and boy was I surprised!! I have such wonderful friends! A lot of them traveled quite a ways to be there and it was so much fun to visit with everybody.

Rochelle and Jodi, the master-minds, made the cutest banner, and had the fixings for a yummy taco salad. Nicole made a beautiful cupcake pyramid, and everyone pitched in with the food and drink. I also received some wonderful presents, I got: 2 bottles of hard-to-come-by Postum!, a Utah Jazz jersey that I had to wear all night so they would win (it worked), a hummingbird feeder, candles, Coconut and Lime Verbena lotion and wash, a book store gift card, the cutest ever garden markers, and a 'love fern' to boot! After dinner we played Dance, Dance Revolution for awhile and then some of us night owls went to a late showing of "Baby Mama".

It was such a fun day and so great to get to spend it with some of my friends! The thirties have been good to me so far...thanks to a good husband, kids, family and friends!


11 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad that you were surprised! You have so many wonderful friends :)

Autumn said...

So fun! I love surprises! Sounds like you had a great day! I'm so glad that somebody found you some Postum! I've looked everywhere for you...even in Arizona...it's nowhere to be found! :(

KerrieLeigh said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a great day.

Shannon b said...

what a fun birthday! You were definitely treated well. I love the cupcake pyramid -- so cute! And the very thoughtful, creative gifts. Have to laugh at the "love fern." :)

Unknown said...

How fun, you have got some great friends. K this is a out of the blue question but you have such great skin. My skin sucks. You have always had such great skin. Can I ask what you do for skin care? I know weird question.

Tiffini said...

Looks like a great party!

Kayela said...

Happy Birthday

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Aundrea, you do have good friends! How was Baby Mama? I'm going tonight and hoping for some laughter!

Marci said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. I think it's funny that you love Postum so much. I know I liked it when I was a kid (if there was enough sugar in it), but I haven't had it for so long I don't even remember what it tastes like!!

Jodi said...

We gotcha ;)
Good food, good games, good movie in celebration of such a good friend! It was a good night! We love you.

Merilee said...

Glad you had a good birthday. You're so awesome!