Monday, January 21, 2008

Spill it

So, my kids are pretty notorious for spilling stuff at the dinner table. Once, when Rochelle was watching Logan for me, Logan spilled her drink 3 times during the same meal. I guess by then it was just ridiculous and they burst into laughter instead of tears!

I think I've figured out where my kids picked up this "spilling gene". From Kelly (and me). A few nights ago we were getting ready to sit down to dinner. Kelly was bringing the pan from the oven over to the table and dropped the whole thing on the floor! We managed to salvage most of the food, laugh if off, and did not have to go hungry. It gets worse...during the same meal, I managed to spill a big, full, glass of ice-water on the table which proceeded to soak Logan. Luckily Kelly was already away from the table and did not see my folly (I guess I'm telling on myself now). I said a quick "thank-you" that it was only water and not soda or Kool-Aid to make my floor extra sticky. I had an "ah-ha moment" and figured my kids are doomed to be "spillers" thanks to Kelly and me! I guess I better stock-up on paper towels and get used to it!

17 comments:

Nicole said...

It's funny how often I get on the kids for spilling stuff, but I forget about how much I do it too. Funny story!

Lisa said...

At least the trait your passing on is only spilling; could be much, much worse... : )

Toshia said...

The Bounty quicker picker upper theme song comes to mind with this one!

Merilee said...

I don't think I ever eat without spilling something. Usually not my entire glass of water though.

Michelle said...

I saw a show once about a very large family, and they always celebrated the first spill of the evening, making it something fun. Rowan is the notorious one for this at our house, I guess that's why Buster sits under his chair at every meal!

Rochelle said...

We still laugh at that day with Logan, it will follow her to her grave! Now at least we can blame the parents.

Lisa said...

I love all of your funny anecdotal stories - you have such a fun, spunky life!

Jodi said...

Glad it was only water! I will remember to sit far away from you if you order a pop or lemonade ;)

Kelli said...

Glad to know that my kids aren't the only ones who are doomed to spilling:)

melandriley said...

We call Macy and Spencer spillage queen and king

Anonymous said...

My kids never spill...hahaha! Chaz is the king of spilling things! It must be a Kalauli thing!

Unknown said...

At least you can laugh about it. I spill on myself eveytime I eat.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the hypocracy of parenthood at it's best. I find myself spilling all the time, yet when my kids do it I get irritated!? I simply need to be more patient :) And they call me on it now, too. The last time I spilled something Zach said "sheesh Mom, you are a messy marvin!" Way to be for laughing it off.

Autumn said...

My mom never wants me to wear her clothes because I always spill on myself! LOL!!

Nielson Family said...

Sorry, I know I'm way behind. I didn't know you had 4 kids. Chances are at least one of them is going to spill something every meal.

Tiffini said...

That is good. My sister was the biggest spiller in our family and would get so mad at us for teasing her. At least you can all tease each other equally right?

Autumn said...

Jace spilled the entire 2 gallon pitcher of pink lemonade at dinner tonight!........I should have taken a pic! :(