Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What I've Really Been Up To...

I've had quite a few people ask why I haven't blogged in a while. Well, I'm giving myself up. I've been watching "Lost". I have my friend, Jenn, to blame! She let me borrow the first and third seasons and I was glued to my computer watching the others online. I once was Lost and now that I'm caught up, I'm found:)

Plus, Rochelle still hasn't given my camera back. So, I can't post any pictures of Logan's basketball games, or the huge pot of chili that Maika spilled on my floor (I wish I could've laughed about that one...I just said lots of bad words and made her feel even worse. Bad mom day!). Rochelle came and saved the day and cleaned the floor for me so I could make dinner. She's awesome!

I've also spent a lot of time on Craigslist trying to find a good deal on a decent "big boy" bed for Bronson, still waiting for the right one to appear. Wish me luck.

Today I was able to go to Maika's class and help out for awhile (hopefully that makes up for the Crying Over Spilt Chili incident). I was sad I didn't get to work with her, so I stayed and sat by her while she ate her soggy PB and J in the lunch room. It's fun to see her with her friends and how she interacts with the teacher and other kids.

I'm off to peruse Craigslist:) If anyone knows of good deals on beds let me know!

19 comments:

melandriley said...

We have been watching "Lost" since it first came out. Love that show, but I still feel quite lost and confused sometimes.

Unfortunately I think I would have done the same thing when it came to the chili incident. Your not alone.

Lisa said...

Glad you're back. I have to say that I hate Lost though. Crazy, huh? It's just that I like things to be wrapped up, I like answers and I hate to be left hanging. Not the right show for me!

Morkthefied said...

These are my favorite type of posts. It makes me feel good to know other moms out there have lives like mine. My new obsession is stinking Facebook. It's hard to pull myself away.

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason! J/K, it's not like it's been that long, but it did seem like you less "around" for a while. But you've had a good reason! I love that show, too. But I am so far out of the loop now that when I do see it I feel pretty "lost" myself :)

Michelle said...

Don't you just LOVE lost! I just wish it didn't always leave me so confused!

Fish said...

The engineer in me wouldn't let me get past the premise - there's something about a 200-300 mph impact that kills people. I've never denied I was a nerd. I'll crawl back in my cave now.

The Foster's said...

Poor Maika - I know I would have yelled at my kid too but it makes me sad when my nieces and nephews get in trouble. I would have cleaned it up too...thanks rochelle!

Are you looking for a toddler bed or a twin bed?? Not that I could help you all the way down here but just wondering....

Jen said...

I have looked for so long to find a good bed for my kid. I go to other peoples homes and they have great furniture and they found it on Craigslist. I guess I don't stock it all the time.

Candy said...

I never got into "Lost" - But I do have to say am so glad "24" is back this season! Sorry about the mess on your floor - but you more than made up for any bad feelings by going to her classroom!

jen crosby said...

How funny, Mike and I have been watching Lost too! We are just in the second season but can't go a night without one or two episodes.

Darilyn said...

I watched a few episodes of the first season and could not see what everyone liked about it. Huh. Good luck finding a bed.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I am sorry it has been consuming your time, but don't you just LOVE LOST!!! Sorry about the chili, definately not a laughing matter. Glad you are back at the blogging.

Shay said...

I am glad you are back...Good luck with the big boy bed!

Shannon b said...

I love LOST too! I just started watching last season (the 3rd season) and I'm addicted.
Glad to see you back in blog land!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Good luck with the bed search, that will be me in a couple months! I have caught a few episodes of Lost and always feel bad for whomever I am watching them with. Since I am forever "Lost" when it comes to the storyline. Well, that's what I get for just dabbling a little.

Nicole said...

LOST is great!! That totally sucks about the chili incident, glad it was you and not me. You probably would have been able to hear me scream from your house!

Rochelle said...

I don't watch Lost and after seeing you loose all contact with the outside world because you couldn't tear your eyes off the TV makes me want to keep it that way.
I started watching Loser and American Idol and I'm being sucked in again!

Tiffini said...

We love lost too. The kids go to bed early on Wed. nights (it is on at 8pm here) so we can watch it uninterrupted. And we have all of the past seasons on DVD.

Autumn said...

I LOVE Lost...but I'm still not "found". It's a great show but I am in a constant state of confusion!
Sorry about your Chili episode...that sounds exciting. Has Rochelle ever told you about the Halloween makeup on the couch incident. I saved Tresa's life that day...poor girl. :)