Logan was so much fun to watch this season. She was on a combined team of 5th and 6th grade girls. They didn't have enough girls sign up to make a league, so they had one team of about 13 girls and just scrimmaged each other for the games.
At first, I was a little put-out by that, but it ended up going really well. They got to have practice two nights a week, instead of just one, and they scrimmaged the boy's teams during their practices. On Saturdays they would split the team up and play each other.Kelly was able to help out with the coaching and he and Logan really enjoyed spending that time together.
Bronson made games a bit challenging at times. He even darted across the floor during games twice. That boy is quick! Luckily he didn't get bull-dozed and everyone just laughed and thought he was cute. I had a hard time thinking it was funny at the time...Logan was a good little ball handler and scorer. It will be fun watching her develop and compete. Good job, sis!
4 comments:
She is such a beautiful and talented girl.
When I was in 5th/6th grade little league basketball, there were only two of us girls. It made it interesting, and our skills were probably improved from playing with the guys. But I thought Oregon had some of the best lady basketball players in the country? I would have thought you would have easily been able to form a full league. So it goes...
She is so cute...I think she looks a lot like your sister Melanie in that pic.
SO cool that Kelly has had a chance to help coach. I can still remember my Dad coaching me as a little girl. Good memories :)
Post a Comment