Another Christmas has come and gone. I think this was one of the best ever! We had about 17 inches of snow, and that NEVER happens here:) Thanks to the snow, the kids had an extra week of Christmas Break...I wasn't prepared for that. I came close to losing my mind a couple of times! I think we made the best of it though, even Dad had some extra days off and we were able to play in the snow.
For some reason I forgot to take still pictures of Christmas morning. I guess I was too intent on getting it on video. Bronson got some cool GeoTrax sets, and some Indianna Jones gear. Nalani got some Princess toys, a shopping cart and groceries. Maika got new Ugg-like boots, beading stuff, and a Martian Maker. Logan also got some Ugg-like boots and a new volleyball and basketball. As a family, we got some new games to play and new jammies. They also received some gift cards that they've already put to good use. It was like a whole other Christmas, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa and our neighbors Trish and Boyd.
We had our traditional Navajo Tacos on Christmas Eve with Jeremy and Rochelle and their kids and our neighbors Trish and Boyd. We watched the Christmas story, circa 1989; put on by Kelly and his family, to send to his brother, Mitch, who was on his mission at the time. It was so much fun to see his family back then; to see what has changed and what has stayed the same about each of them (Jennie and Kahea still tear up at the drop of a hat, Kelly still sits exactly the same and doesn't say much...thankfully Dan got some new frames for those glasses, haha).
After the movie Spencer and Nicole brought over their chimes and we got to play Christmas carols on them. The kids loved it, and the adults had a lot of fun too. Then, we opened jammies and went to bed so Santa could come.
Christmas day, we ate breakfast at Jeremy and Rochelle's house. We got Christmas naps, and the kids played with their stuff. Then, time for more food: ham, potatoes, rolls and salad. Like I said, this was a good Christmas! We hope you all had a great one too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Sounds wonderful! All the snow this year defintiely made it a Christmas to remember. But I will admit having the kids home for *3* weeks wasn't what I was prepared for either! I felt totally unprepared for a lot this year, I didn't even get my Christmas cards out. I'm still working on a newsletter for my blog, and I'm calling it good :)
Funny how kids all like the same thing. Both my boys got Geo tracks and Taylor got TONS of princess things. Glad you had a great Christmas
Sounds like an amazing Christmas! I love that you and Rochelle spend the holidays together...makes me jealous and happy at the same time. :) It's crazy that you guys have as much snow as we do! So fun!!
I loved reading about your Christmas day. I have to know more about this Martian Maker though. Sounds cool.
Sounds like fun, full days. Glad you had a good Christmas!
Merry Christmas!! I love all of the traditions that you have, both with your own family and with friends. Very fun. I'm sure your kids will have very fond Christmas memories.
Glad you had a great holiday! It seemed rather depressing around here. Not in my own home, but everywhere I've gone. :(
I am glad you had a great Christmas. Snow makes a big difference on the feeling of Christmas (at least it does to me).
Sounds like you had fun. Crazy that you got that much snow.
What a great time! I'm totally jealous of the Christmas nap, I really needed one.
It was a great Christmas! The snow really made the difference I think - I forgot to take pictures to until the end of the day - I think I am sending Valentines cards out instead of the Christmas ones that never got mailed - what do you think?:)
It may just be the best Christmas ever! We had so much fun! I'm smile everytime I think of the past two weeks and all the fun we had.
Merry Christmas to you all! I didn't get to talk to you guys on Christmas Day but I love you all a ton and am grateful to be a part of your family! Wish you all we closer or that we were...
I am glad you had so much fun! And I love the Navajo tacos tradition. I am a fan of Geo Trax myself...Boys can play for hours. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I really enjoyed sitting in your living room and watching the snow fall! Your house is so cozy.
I AGREE IT WAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! hAPPY nEW yEAR!!!
Don't you hate it when you forget to take pics? Sounds like you all had a great Christmas!
Happy New Year, friend!! I hope 2009 is a fabulous one for us all :)
Post a Comment