Friday, December 14, 2007

Good Job, Logan!

We just got back from Logan's award assembly. She received two awards this time. One from her PE teacher, and one from her Music teacher. We are so proud of her! It's always fun to hear good things about your kids and to know that some of what you are teaching them sinks in. Her teachers from Kindergarten until now have always raved about how well she treats the kids at school. She doesn't play favorites, or worry about who wears the cutest clothes, or which kids would further her social status.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I wish her teachers could see her in action at home:) But, it makes me so happy to know that she's not one of the "mean girls" in school. Her first grade teacher described her the best, I think. She said,"Logan is kind and smart, yet delightfully sassy!" And, sassy she can be! I hope Logan continues to realize the importance of an education and always does her best. Most of all, I hope she continues to realize the importance of treating others with kindness. That will get her further than anything.

When Logan was in 2nd grade, she was kind of struggling with a friend. She came home and said, "_____, just wants to walk around at recess and not say hi to anyone, and run away from people." I asked her if she did this with the girl and she said no. Then she was worried because "so and so" was mad at her because she wouldn't do this at recess. I told her about Kelly's little sisters, Nani and Nathele, and how they were the most popular girls in their high school. I then asked if she wanted to know why they were so popular? Auntie Nan, and Auntie Belle were popular not only because they were smart, and pretty, and athletic, but because they were kind to everyone. Not fake nice, but genuinely nice. I think that lesson sunk in with Logan, and I hope it will sink in with Maika, Nalani, and Bronson too. They sure have a good example to look up to in a big sister!

11 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I think Logan also has a great example in her mother! Way to go on all those awards Logan.

Candy said...

Way to go Logan! Kids learn best from the examples around them and you do a darn good job teaching her (and the other kids) :)

Autumn said...

What a cute girl! She is lucky to have such great Aunt's....and also a fabulous mother! :)

Rochelle said...

Good job Logan! Im so proud of you and all your hard work you put into your schooling!

Aundrea, You'll have to give yourself another pat on the back because your doing something right with raising your stinkin cute girls.

Lisa said...

So sweet. A good reflection on her mom too. : ) I love nice girls!

Michelle said...

Yay Logan! Logan is one of my favorite kids, I look forward to seeing her sweet face each Sunday, and really miss her when she's gone. You're doing a great job raising her, she's a delight!

Unknown said...

Cute Girl!! In some of her picture she looks alot like you.

Nicole said...

What an important point you made about the reason her aunties were so popular. Now a days the pressure to be popular drives girls to do just about anything. You're doing a great job raising them.

Jodi said...

Congratulations, Logan! You are such a great kid and will have such a powerful influence on those around you.

And good job, Mom! The story about Logan's Aunties really is inspiring.

The Foster's said...

Aundrea -
Come on we weren't that cool! I was pretty nice to everyone in high school - but looking back I wish I could have/would have been even nicer!!

Logan - Always remember to treat people the way you want to be treated! I know you will! Grandma and Tutu were always my examples. We are so blessed with so many things - especially good examples!

I love you Logan - Love Aunty Nani and Uncle walter and Tano and Alema

Darilyn said...

That is certainly the best lesson we can teach our children. You are a great mom Aundrea.