Yeah, I'm giving myself a pat on the back. "Why?" you ask. Well, because I've pretty much finished sending out our Christmas cards. This is the first year I had to write the letter (you better be starting your draft for next year, Kelly!), and I ordered them online (if you don't know me, this is major progress), and I figured out how to print the address labels (by myself) so I didn't have to spend hours hand printing them! I had to call Kelly for some moral support during this trying time. He probably heard a few choice words he could have gone without, but was very supportive and had faith in me that I could find a way to print those suckers!
I've finally finished the in-house decorating too. I just gave up and had to remind myself that Bronson thinks that since the ornaments look like balls, therefore they must be balls. He's already broken about five of them because he rips them off the tree and takes them over to the hardwood entryway and throws them. Then he stands there with a confused look on his face like, "hey, why didn't that thing bounce?"
Kelly was in charge of the outside decorations and did a great job! Jeremy came to our door a few days before Kelly got the lights up and asked in Scrooge was here. That sure got Kelly on the ball. He was stocking-up at Walmart the next day! After he was finished he came in and said, "That will teach Jeremy Lyman to call me Scrooge!"
I've still got some shopping and some shipping to do. So when that's all done, I'll have another reason to be patting myself on the back. Maybe I'll just splurge and make myself an appointment for a massage...now that sounds rewarding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Nice job, you are way ahead of me. We are still a bit scroogy around here!
Way to go Aundrea! I wish I was doing as good as you in my holiday progress! I'm feeling a little like scrooge this year myself! Love that your baby is throwing your ornaments! When Easton was a baby I had to replace all of my glass ornaments with plastic ones for the same reason! Aren't little boys the best!?
We've had to learn the glass ball lesson with each of our boys, what a pain! Way to go on the Christmas cards, I'm beginning to think mine might have to be New Years cards at this point.
You deserve more than a pat on the back! The massage on the back is the right answer!! The year Noah was a that age we bought a small tree and put it on a table. I knew he would not leave it alone and even then he found ways to climb up and get to it. Dave said never a small tree again-it just did not feel like Christmas to him!!!
Good job! I was impressed when I received your beautiful Christmas card last week. I thought, "As always that Aundrea sure is on top of things!" :D
Well done, my friend!! Yours was the first card we got. And now I know I need to drive by your house to see the lights! Congratulations on getting so much done.
Good luck with protecting your balls. Hehehe! (my mom would definitly not find that comment amusing...)
Go ahead and make an appointment for me too. Your house looks beautiful, I love all of your wreaths and gorgeous tree.
And where is my Christmas card??
Hey I was on Lisa's blog and saw your name. You have way cute kids. It is fun to see what you have been up to. I just started blogging.
Jenny-Nielson.blogspot.com
Oh if you are thinking who is this?
Jenny (Purcell)
LOL! I love that the Christmas card thing was such a chore. Why do we put oursleves through that every year?
and a job well done, I might add!
Reading your Christmas letter put a smile on my face. We love you guys!
Da firs ting I do when I get one of dat keshmish cards is look for da check....come on degeese stop beeing so cheep.....I jus need a couple of bucks so I can buy poor Rita a big hunk candy bar.
Last year I stole one and (singing) The Navajo poleeeece come and take me hway.
You are ahead of my dear friend. I might just have to take a drive out there to see your gorgeous house.
Post a Comment