Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007

We had a great Christmas this year! We spent most of our time with Jeremy and Rochelle and their kids. We started out on Christmas Eve at our house with our traditional meal of Navajo Tacos. They were very yummy! Even if Rochelle didn't eat the fry bread! After dinner we watched "The Nativity Story" it was a first for all of us, but we enjoyed it. The kids started getting a little restless towards the end:) I think they were really excited for Santa to come, so Jeremy and Rochelle went home and after our kids opened their jammies, they were in bed. Logan and Maika slept together in Logan's room. Logan kept telling the kids to go to bed so Santa could come. I honestly think they were asleep by 9pm! Santa got busy and was gone by 10pm:)







On Christmas morning we got up around 6:30 and the kids got busy opening their presents. Logan got Guitar Hero III and a new coat, Maika got some new jeans and a make-over Bratz doll, Nalani got the Princess babies, and Bronson got some tractors. They all got some games, cute duffel bags with their names embroidered on them, and other nice gifts from Grandparents, friends and cousins! Bronson was more excited about pushing Nalani's babies around in the stroller than playing with his new tractors, I just tried to let Kelly know that it was a sign that he will be a good daddy and ladies man someday:) But Kelly took it upon himself to get down on the floor with him and play tractors and cars and make all sorts of sound effects to go along with them.

We were treated to Breakfast a'la Jeremy...homemade hash browns, bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs, and OJ it was all yummy! After the food, Kelly and Jeremy got down to the real business of the day, playing duel Guitar Hero on the Wii.(see Rochelle's blog for other pictures!) They were really rockin'! It was fun to watch too! Especially with all the SNOW coming down outside! A couple of times Logan came in to ask if I would go tell dad that it was her turn to play...I just told her that it was his turn and that he had to go to work for the rest of the week and she could play all she wanted. She's getting very good too, and likes Talon to come up so they can play together.

After Christmas Naps, we had dinner at our house with ham, Funeral Potatoes, rolls, green beans, and apple and pumpkin pies, again, yummy! We had a slumber party at our house that night and the kids played the Wii and watched movies late into the night, I must've been tired because I didn't hear a peep out of them!

The house is back to normal, all the decorations are back in their boxes except for the lights outside, Kelly gets that detail! We have to wait a whole year for another round, but we had a great season, spent with great friends! When we live so far away from our family and other loved ones, it's so nice to have "family" around here too!

15 comments:

Rochelle said...

We had the best Christmas EVER also and the kids keep telling me, "this is the best Christmas time Ever! And we even got snow!"
Jeremy keeps giving me crap about his squaw that eats Navajo Tacos without the Fry Bread. I can feel the love. =)

Autumn said...

Gotta know...Why does Rochelle not eat the fry bread!? Looks like so much fun! I'm so glad your families have each other to spend the holidays with! P.S. How in the world did you get your kids to go to bed at 9 and sleep in until 6:30!?

Michelle said...

What a wonderful holiday! Sounds like I'm going to have to get Guitar hero for our Wii, sounds like a hit.

Aundrea said...

I honestly don't know why Rochelle didn't eat the fry bread...maybe she was watching her figure;) Like Jeremy says, she's not a very good squaw!

Merilee said...

That all sounds so great. What a fun Christmas! Guitar Hero was the big Hit at our house too. Navajo Tacos? I am so jealous!

Merilee said...

Oh yeah, and your tree looks gorgeous! I think we have the same star. Is it pottery barn?

Unknown said...

Navajo Taco is an awsome idea It would make it feel more like home. I wish my kind would of went to bed take early. Santa didn't come to our house until about 1:00am. Plus Ty could not sleep I think he was excited to give me that awsome sweater. Looks like you guys had a great christmas.

Shannon b said...

sounds like you had quite the party on Christmas! Good thing there was a Wii around to keep everyone entertained.
And I've heard rave reviews about your navajo tacos. Don't know why Rochelle would skip out on the best part! Anything with "fry" in the name equals delicious.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas. Friends make great family don't they!

Paige said...

Brian got Guitar Hero, too. He has been up late every night playing. I asked him what I am supposed to tell his boss when he can no longer work because of Carpel Tunnel and fatigue... the boys will have to invite him over sometime to play. Your Christmas sounded fantastic. And don't worry -- Bronson will play with the tractors eventually. ;)

Marie said...

Oh, Kyle will be jealous. He wanted Guitar Hero. I told him I was protesting electronics for him this year! It sounds like fun though; and I wonder if the Waite family would just faint if I suggested Navajo tacos instead of Oyster stew for Christmas Eve!!!

Darilyn said...

I like your recap of Christmas. I need to do that. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Toshia said...

you lucked out, kids were up until 11pm at my folks' house! Noah got guitar hero so we were all playing that all day. Merry Christmas!

Jodi said...

Man...you guys had such an awesome Christmas! I loved seeing all the pics...especially your gorgeous tree!

Lisa said...

I love the "tired" Christmas morning pics when the kids have forced themselves to get out of bed so they can start opening presents. Sounds like you all had a great time. Merry Christmas!