
Our Labor Day weekend started out with a bang! Kelly and I decided to take Logan and Maika out for dinner to Benihana's. It was mostly an excuse to take them there, (we thought they would think it was so cool to see the chef cook dinner at your table) so we called it a "Back to School" dinner. We even let them (finally) wear a new school outfit. It turns out they would have been happier with Wendy's, but oh well. Kelly and I thought it was fun! After dinner we went to the Starbuck's in Barnes and Noble to see our friend and neighbor, Dana, sing in a band. We had a great time and there was some good music. Dana has an amazing voice, especially for just singing back-up! It was so much fun spending a night out with just the older girls for a change!
On Saturday, our friends Jared and Chelsea came out with their boys for a fun-filled day on the boat. We packed lunches and snacks and ate on the beach. The kids had a great time playing in the sand
and water. After lunch we spent the rest of the day on the boat. Chelsea and Jared absolutely SCHOOLED us in wakeboarding. They were jumping from wake to wake and Jared almost pulled off a 360! Kelly had
fun teaching them how to surf, and even I got up on the wakeboard for more than just a few seconds. I still had some pretty spectacular crashes though!
Logan and Maika tried to wakeboard again too.
Kelly stayed in the water with them while I drove the boat. They both managed to get up for a few seconds, but quickly let go of the rope when they realized daddy wasn't right behind them any longer:)Sunday was nice and relaxing since I didn't have to teach my lesson because of Fast Sunday. I can't wait until our time changes to 9 am! Bronson is a beast at church and Kelly and I take turns sitting out in the hall with him all Sunday. We are counting down the months until he is old enough for the nursery! Only 5 months to go!!We just relaxed after church, I think I was asleep by 8 o'clock which NEVER happens!
Monday was another hot day so we headed to the river again. This was a relatively short trip, but fun nonetheless! The kid's friends Taylor and
Noah came along and they all had a blast on the tube, and fun just swimming around. There were some scary moments when we heard some "pops" and then some "whizzes" through the air. Some bozos on shore were shooting guns, never mind there is a river full of boats and people playing down the hill! Idiots!
Noah came along and they all had a blast on the tube, and fun just swimming around. There were some scary moments when we heard some "pops" and then some "whizzes" through the air. Some bozos on shore were shooting guns, never mind there is a river full of boats and people playing down the hill! Idiots!We are all still alive,so all in all our Labor Day weekend was packed and filled with fun memories! We hope yours was fun too!
*Please be patient with me while I try to figure out this whole blogging lay-out thing with adding pictures. Like I said in my first post I am a tech-idiot!*
8 comments:
Hey, the layout looks great! You're a pro. I'm glad you're getting some good boat time out of the last few days of summer. I can't believe Maika is brave enough to try wakeboarding. What a kid!
What a great weekend you guys had. You guys are such cool parents to take the two girls out for a special dinner! I'm so glad that you have gotten a lot of use out of your boat, it seems to rarely sit.
What a fun weekend! You got some great pics of the kids, too :)
You guys got lucky on the weather...what a great weekend for boating! Looks like you had a fun time :) And Benihanas...yum.
That little Bronson is just too cute. I'm gonna have pretty cute grandkids someday (with my luck, any subsequent babies will be boys!)
You guys have put that boat to good use this summer. My girls back to school dinner was Subway. woo-hoo.
what a blast of a weekend!
Looks like you are having fun with your boat. I didn't know Dana sang with a band - her voice reminds me of Carrie Underwood.
Benihana's is great, but I'm still slightly scarred from our last visit -- our 7th anniversary and we had to bring a long a 3-month old Anna. She was not too happy.
Your weekend sounds like a blast! love the picture of the 4 kids on the big inner tube.
Post a Comment