Sunday, September 23, 2007
Shopping
The past few months grocery shopping has been extra suckey (the only word that really captures the emotion for me)! Both grocery stores that I normally go to are being remodeled right now. This means that every time I go, things are in completely different locations then they were a few days before! I've tried to be ambitious and go early in the morning after I've dropped Logan off at school so I can be home in time to feed lunch to Maika and get her to kindergarten on time. Since I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt the whole time, shopping takes a lot longer than it used to. *If* I see an employee to inquire about the new location of a certain product, usually even they don't know where to find it. So I go up and down the aisles and up and down again until I finally find it, just as I glance at my watch to see that I have 15 minutes until Maika has to be at school and she still hasn't eaten lunch. So I rush to the check-out stand and cross my fingers that I'm not behind someone that has the whole Sunday's paper worth of coupons to scan, grab a Snickers for Maika's lunch (you know they satisfy hunger), pay for and load the bags and race to the school. Once at the school I search for something to wipe the chocolate off Maiks's face and give her a kiss goodbye, then hurry home and hope things aren't melted all over the car before I can get them put away. I can't wait until November when the remodels are complete and I can learn where things will be for awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I hear ya -- it is driving me nuts too. Don't you think they could have coordinated their schedules so that they weren't remodeling at the SAME TIME! That's all I ask for . . .
I hate how narrow the aisles are at one of the stores! It makes me feel cramped.
What i'm tired of is all the road construction downtown. I'm so tired of not being able to turn on the right streets and then wandering around aimlessly so I can figure out a different route.
Oh, I feel your pain. And to make it worse, when I get home I will find that the fruit is bad, or that I forgot something. Grrrrr.
You totally make me laugh! I love the part about getting Maika a snickers for lunch and then wiping the evidence from her face before you get her to school...hehehe! You described this perfectly...we ALL feel your pain :(
you know.... Red Apple is not being remodeled until later in the year... it's such a nice shopping experience!
I love the snickers part...so funny and so true! It does satisfy hunger. :)
Well put...then to top it all off at the checkout they ask, "Did you find everything your were looking for?"
"Uh, No, but now I'm so turned around I can't even remember what I forgot!"
(and I like Sheila's comment - she doesn't even have to shop, just give her honey a list!)
I can't wait until it's all over ... I just hope it's worth the wait!
It's good to capture the crazy moments as well as the tender ones, huh. Loved your poems, by the way...
Post a Comment